Senior Applications Software Engineer - Marketplace
17 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Marketplace engineering team, you will build applications that power Roblox's Avatar Marketplace. Your work will directly impact more than 210M monthly users on the platform as they craft their identity on Roblox and will drive growth for our UGC community of developers. This role is unique, where you will design and build cross-platform (including iOS, Android, Xbox, VR platforms) applications for high-traffic surfaces. If you are an expert at developing user facing applications and are passionate about user experience, you will be right at home with us! This role will report into our Engineering Manager.
- Build robust cross-platfrom applications for the avatar marketplace.
- Collaborate with the Marketplace org to create scalable and user-friendly experiences and tools within the Roblox Engine, and web and client interfaces.
- Drive innovation and improvements in search and discoverability products within the metaverse as well as build customization tools within Avatar editor.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure seamless integration and functionality across internal and developer-facing systems.
- Craft code that is not only performant but also easily maintained, contributing to the overall success of the platform.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Design teams to ensure alignment with the shared vision.
- 4+ years of experience building user facing client applicationsfocusing on complex user experiences.
- 3+ years of experience in software development with C++or related languages
- Ability to drive accessible cross-platform solutions at scale
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in a production environment.
- Experienced: You've worked on intricate user facing applications and have experience with frameworks to build end to end applications.
- Passionate about UX: You're dedicated to creating exceptional user experiences that resonate with millions of users.
- Analytical: You're experienced at analyzing user interactions to optimize impact.
- Adaptable: You're comfortable stepping out of your comfort zone to explore new technologies.
- Collaborative: You excel at working in teams, inspiring others, and driving projects collectively.
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$218,540 — $283,780 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.