Senior Application Security Engineer
5 days ago
Unity’s Application Security team is seeking an expert application security engineer to drive security initiatives and improve the security of Unity products. You will be foundational in driving security initiatives that protect the security and privacy of millions of people. In this role you will develop and test technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and architectural flaws. This role involves both the development of tools, testing of software, development of scalable processes, and collaborating with product teams to improve our security posture.
We work with engineering teams across Unity on a number of different technology stacks to establish and implement security across all of Unity’s products, having an enormous scale of impact not only at Unity but across billions of devices and games worldwide.
What you’ll be doing
- Take a leadership role in driving internal security initiatives
- Collaborate with internal teams to assist in design, threat modeling, and reviewing security-critical code
- Drive Unity's SSDLC, including tracking and reporting business unit adoption of secure development best practices.
- Plan, build, automate, and operate automated security review capabilities including static and dynamic code analysis across multiple technology stacks and languages
- Be a champion for security, exercise risk-based judgments, and prioritize remediation work
What we’re looking for
- Experience with at least one general purpose programming language: C++, Java, Go, Python, etc...
- Experience in a wide array of application security issues
- Ability to judge application security risk in designs via threat models and code review
- Experience working on security teams at medium to large companies driving their secure development program, including providing and developing security training, and working with teams to remediate security findings against internal fix timelines
- Experience regularly working with development team leads and Directors in crafting and developing their customer facing applications
You might also have
- Responsibly disclosed CVEs or Wall of Fame mentions
- Contributions to open source security software
- Experience with Unity Engine, 3D simulators, game development and graphics
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.