Senior Application Security Engineer
4 months ago
Job Title:Senior Application Security Engineer
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a Senior Application Security Engineer to join our Application Security team.
The ideal candidate is talented and motivated, with technical knowledge and a deep passion for security. You should have a wide range of experience with a variety of systems, languages, tools, and architectures.
Our Team Welcomes You
On Platform Security, we take Play Nice; Play Fair to heart, and we want you to bring your whole self to work. We are a mix of software engineers, data scientists, program managers, and analysts who value authenticity, working together to ensure our players enjoy a safe and secure gaming experience. We would love to have you bring your talents and unique viewpoint to our team.
We collaborate with partners across all of Blizzard’s games, services, and technologies – we go beyond security technologies to make a real difference at Blizzard. It’s an incredible place to have a company-wide impact doing what you love while contributing meaningfully to building world-class game experiences that delight our players.
We work with all games and software platforms produced by Blizzard, so you will be exposed to a mind-boggling array of technologies – including security technologies, graphic engines, machine learning systems, web servers, databases, etc. It’s an incredible place encouraging the professional growth of passionate security engineers to get acquainted with a well-rounded variety of skills necessary for developing and securing today’s world-class video games.
Reporting to the Manager of Application Security, you will collaborate and grow your skills with some of the most talented Application Security engineers on the Platform Security team. We believe in and work to foster a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment.
Working with our development teams, you’ll help enhance the security of development practices and products. You’ll go beyond just finding and fixing existing vulnerabilities to actively participate in preventing new vulnerabilities from being introduced. You’ll have opportunities to be a part of specialized, cross-functional teams brought together to solve or investigate specific problems or critical issues facing the gaming industry.
This role is anticipated to be assigned to work on-site at an Activision Blizzard office. However, we understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What Our Senior Application Security Engineers do in Platform Security
- Perform security reviews and provide insights throughout all phases of software development with our partner teams.
- Develop and enhance new and existing security-focused tools, systems, and services.
- Evaluate the organizational impact of current security advisories, publications, and trends.
- Develop new security solutions, tools, practices, and procedures to proactively prevent security vulnerabilities and assist in addressing existing security gaps and challenges.
- Help detect, highlight, and close security vulnerabilities that surface during the software development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with developers to proactively improve and implement secure development practices throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Work with game teams on unannounced and existing titles to improve the game security posture by reducing cheating, preventing fraud, protecting confidential data, and eliminating abuse.
We Can’t Wait to Meet You
- A desire to improve your skills and help your teammates grow theirs; we succeed together.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in secure Web Application development.
- Knowledge of security problems associated with modern software development and frameworks
- Knowledge of penetration testing techniques, application security vulnerabilities, OWASP Top 10, SANS 25, CWE, and Open-box exploitation via Burpsuite/Fiddler or similar.
- Talent for discovering and demonstrating flaws such as SQL injection, XSS, and CSRF.
- Solid understanding of database (SQL, NoSQL) security.
- Knowledge of encryption theory and practice (e.g., TLS, HMAC, RSA, AES, PKI).
- Be able to adapt and be entrepreneurial and solve problems quickly, creatively, and collaboratively.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, InfoSec, CyberSec, or equivalent experience.
Things That Will Make Us More Excited to Meet You
- Aptitude for doing threat modeling on complex systems.
- Experience in Mobile software development and security.
- Experience with application security testing tools (static and dynamic code analyzers, fuzzing tools).
- Interest in playing games or the video game industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $101,000.00 - $186,754.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.