Zynga is currently seeking an Senior Application Security Engineer to work on today’s evolving offensive and defensive measures in the application security field. This individual will be responsible for assessing Zynga gaming systems security at a software and pr oduct level, and help drive remediation efforts to improve security within our gaming products and services. The position will report directly to the Director of Application Security, and be a member of our Cybersecurity team, resident under Zynga’s CTO or ganization. The right candidate will possess experience and familiarity with software and computer systems, hands-on technical skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced startup-like environment.
- Conduct penetration testing aga inst native mobile applications, web services, Cloud (AWS and GCP) front-end & back-end services
- Validate internal, external and crowd-sourced application security findings and articulate them to studio engineering teams.
- Conduct infrastructure assessments of Cloud, network, and data services that support Zynga gaming platforms
- Help maintain security engineering infrastructure services and custom tooling used by the application security team
- Perform reverse engineering of mobile application products and/or source code reviews (manual and SAST code audits) as needed
- Participate in documenting game architecture and performing threat modeling for white-box assessment activities
- Be able to think both offensively (like a hacker) and defensively (evaluating produ ct security and security architecture)
- Aspire to be a subject matter expert for secure coding practices, penetration testing, mobile platform security and all aspects of application and product security
- Perform any other application security or product sec urity related activities or tasks as needed or directed
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience as a software engineering or security practitioner.
- A pen-test certification such as Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) or Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), OSWE, OSCE, GPEN, GMOB, GWAPT, GXPN, or willing to work towards ultimately obtaining one.
- Experience: 5+ years
- Experience with one or more of J ava, C, C++, C#, Go, Python, PHP, Obj-C/Swift, and familiarity with compiler/build environment for mobile applications, Linux and OSX
- Ability to thrive in an informal, startup environment
- Ability to learn what you don’t know, rapid learning of new technolo gies and languages, and problem solve on the boundaries of your knowledge set.
- Travel: No routine travel required. Infrequent travel required (yearly team meeting)
What we offer you:
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive sa lary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga RSUs
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Well stocked pantry
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!