Senior Application Developer, Collaborative Copresence Platform
Plantation, FL, Sunnyvale, CA, Zurich, CH
10 days ago
This an exciting opportunity to build a world-class mixed reality Collaborative Annotations Application for the Magic Leap platform. At Magic Leap, we have a rich roadmap planned for collaborative applications within our spatial computing environment.
As an early contributor to our real-time native collaborative applications, the Senior Application Developer will have a rich technical background that shows depth and breadth of experience as well as a passion for this exciting area of the Magic Leap product.
As one of the first developers in this area, you must have hands-on experience shipping C++ real-time APIs including optimizations and high reliability. As a self-starter, you will have the opportunity to work in a highly dynamic environment, and to collaborate closely with the User Experience, Architecture, Systems Engineering, and Applications teams.
- Contribute to and develop the Magic Leap Collaborative Copresence Platform
- Build and debug mixed reality frameworks, tools, applications
- Team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Contribute to sample applications to refine to validate and refine the platform SDK features
- Contribute to code reviews, architectural reviews, team presentations.
- Unit-test code for robustness and reliability
- 5+ years of experience developing mobile software apps
- Proficiency with 3D Math and 3D Graphics and 3D User Experiences
- Experience programming applications on the Android platform
- Very strong programming skills - experience with modern C++ required.
- Ability to learn fast, and deliver quickly and reliably
- Relentless desire to improve and overcome challenges
- Experience working with third-party libraries, frameworks, and APIs.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced small team environment.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
Nice to have
- Experience with FirebaseDB or another real-time data-centric cloud platform
- Experience with parental controls, restrictive technologies, and website filtering
- Experience with XR: Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality, Virtual Reality
- Experience with OpenGL, Unity3D, Qt3D, WPF or similar 3D graphics API
- Experience with rapid development and collaboration using a wiki, chat, and Jira.
- Ability to read Japanese
- MS or equivalent preferred