9 days ago
Torn Banner Studios are looking for a talented person to help us make Chivalry: Medieval Warfare 2, the sequel to our multi-million copy selling original, and support it and future titles. Join our small independent studio of around 35 developers in Toronto and help build the future of our company.
As a senior Animator you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks and should expect a variety of issues and challenges to tackle across various areas of the game. You'll be working directly with studio leadership and the gameplay department to bring our mechanics alive.
The ideal candidate would have a keen interest in participating in the design process and has a strong sense of quality.
- At least 4 years of professional animation experience
- Maya and Motion Builder expert
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative-taking
- An understanding and passion for video games
- The drive and the ability to take on research and self-education
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience developing AAA titles on multiple platforms
- Professional experience developing First Person Shooters
- Practical knowledge of programming languages (Python, C# / C++, etc.)
Benefits & Perks
- 4.5 weeks Paid vacation
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule
- Weekly happy hour
- Healthcare & benefits
We're the studio behind the hit franchise Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. At Torn Banner we understand that long, hard hours are not conducive to being a happy, healthy person. Combine this idea with a flat studio structure and profit sharing and you've got ideals that promote a positive, low stress environment to help us create awesome games. As a small team of developers, each individual has a huge impact on the final product that we put out, so we put emphasis on being open with each other, giving/receiving critical feedback, and not letting an false sense of authority cloud our vision. The more eyes and input that we have from different disciplines and personality types, the better our releases will be.