21 days ago
We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of cross-platform, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for motivated and highly skilled people who share our love for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the task of being part of a small but experienced and dedicated team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, and have a can-do attitude. Join us! It’s going to be a thrilling ride.
As a Senior Animator, you'll be animating a wide range of compelling characters that support an epic gameplay and cinematic experience. You'll be collaborating with other animators, artists, designers and engineers to help bring these characters to life.
If you’re a passionate keyframe animator, gamer and to be honest, just an awesome person in general, then we would love to connect with you. Together, we’ll build something ambitious, beautiful and fun.
***Really strong and experienced mid level animators who are looking to take the next step into a senior role are welcome to apply***
- Animate and test in-game assets for gameplay and cinematics
- Bring to life bipedal and quadrupedal characters.
- Work with designers and engineers to integrate animation assets into the engine
- Receive feedback and iterate to ensure we have the best experience in game
- Help identify and troubleshoot potential problems that may arise in game
- Provide rigging notes to technical animators
- Help create tools for animation
- Help grow the team by participating in interviews
- You will help set the bar in animation quality, style and process
- 5 to 6 years of experience as an animator
- 1 shipped title (or notable updates to live service games)
- Proficiency in Maya
- Proficiency with Unreal, Unity or Proprietary Engines
- Proficiency in keyframed animations at a AAA level
- Experience with motion capture data
- Experience with prototype / quick iteration environments
- Experience with combat / Ai animation systems / locomotion systems
- Ability to communicate well in a team environment
- Self-driven and proactive
You will need to send us:
- Your resume
- A kick-ass animation reel
*** Candidates may be required to complete an animation test ***
The base annual salary range for this position in the United States is $60,000 - 140,000 USD. The base salary is just one part of the overall compensation package. SEMC also offers a package of benefits, including, healthcare coverage, unlimited PTO, a remote work environment, flex working schedule, parental leave support, 100% 401k match on the first 3% of your contribution, and paid local hangout meals and events. All full-time roles are also eligible for annual bonuses and equity.
This base pay range is for the United States only and does not apply to international locations. The range for each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Do you feel like you don’t meet each and every requirement on the job description? Many people don't apply for jobs unless they feel they exceed at every one of these job requirements. It’s very important for us at SEMC to ensure we have a diverse and inclusive group of talent, so please go ahead and apply even if you feel that you’re not a “perfect” fit! You just might be what we’re looking for!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.