9 days ago
Animation is the bread and butter for bringing life and character to our games. This is the core of what we do and we’re interested in animators who are interested in techniques that will allow us to execute fantastic stylized animations that surprise people. As we continue to build the team, this person will be expected to take on an individual contributor role as well, so you should be passionate about creating as well as leading.
At Squanch Games, we make stuff that people love; Games that we want to play ourselves. We make experiences that we would like to be totally immersed in and enjoy for hours at a time, as well as shorter, crazier experiences that would be great to play with a group of friends or possibly with stray homeless people that you invited in so you could feed and bathe them.
If you share these values, come join us!
- Experienced: You have lots of experience making games or interactive experiences or guacamole.
- Collaborative: You are the bridge between art, design, and programming, working together to implement great animation that makes the game more fun and full of life.
- A leader: You’re not afraid to manage outsourced animation as well as to be a mentor and pipeline owner for the animation team.
- Self-Motivated: You look for ways you can make the game better and don’t require constant supervision.
- Tech-friendly: You are flexible and willing to dive into or work with other departments in blueprints when necessary, or write a quick Mel script to automate an annoyingly repetitive task.
- Be comfortable with technical pipelines: Some rigging knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to help create and maintain animation documentation and explore new pipelines and development tools.
- Be an individual contributor: You rock at creating quality animation and using your creativity to bring fresh ideas to the table.
- Be flexible in your animation style: Capable of following a given style or technique.
- Bonus points if you've previously had the title of lead or senior animator!