15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Insomniac Games is looking for a Senior Animator to join our growing Animation Department. As a Senior Animator you will be responsible for the realization of complete and sophisticated character performances for both real-time and cinematic delivery. This is achieved through the creation of high-quality animation, creation of reference materials, direction of other animators and active collaboration with designers and programmers. If this sounds like you, read on!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Consistently creates high-quality, appealing animations that directly contribute to the realization of successful game characters and cinematic sequences
- Sets the bar for quality, speed, and communication that inspires other animators as the foundation for complete character development
- Takes ownership of assigned animated work from early previsualization to final polish; responsible not only for creating sophisticated character performances but also creates all blend trees and nodes responsible for the technical implementation in game
- Actively continues to develop cinematography and editing skills
- Actively contributes to developing the animation style and direction of new projects.
- Maintains deep understanding of tools, and continues growing proficiency with tools and expands ability to problem solve animation pipeline issues
- Actively contributes to the continued development of the techniques and practices of the animation team; maintain an understanding of industry and craft best practices, identifying opportunities for improvement and development within our work environment
- Collaborates directly with technical animators, designers, programmers, and other artists to ensure that the work of the team is created in the most efficient and technically responsible manner
- Identifies opportunities for improving the development pipeline as well as ensuring that animators receive responsive and appropriate technical support
- Communicates effectively with the Animation Director and Project Management to ensure progress is correctly reported and deliverables are completed on time
- Maintains effective cross-department communication to ensure that Designers and Programmers are aware of creative direction of the delivered animation as well as identifying the complete list of animation assets that will be required for a character
- Collects, creates , and studies applicable reference material to remain informed about animation techniques and helps to educate other team members in the creative and technical approaches to the development of successful animation
- Other duties may be assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities; however, this position may contribute to the mentoring, training, and development of animation staff. This can be accomplished by giving presentations on animation techniques and reviewing animators' work.
- Eight plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to demonstrate significant involvement in the development of several large scale, complete game projects a plus
- Strong knowledge of Maya, Insomniac proprietary tools (preferred)
- MotionBuilder and Adobe Premiere a plus
- Knowledge of common state machine flow in any game engine a plus
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.