7 days ago
Robot Entertainment is an independent game studio founded in 2009, best known for creating the Orcs Must Die! franchise. We strive to create a supportive environment where everyone can make an impact on our projects.
As a member of the Animation team at Robot you will create high quality animations in a collaborative environment with designers, programmers, and other artists. Your reel will showcase a variety of walk cycles, a diverse selection of game-related animation, and a strong foundation in the principles of animation, including weight, anticipation, and impact.
We’re looking for an experienced Animator to work on an unannounced project inspired by classic action JRPGs, set in a vibrant, stylized world.
· Create high quality animations for a variety of characters and creatures that set the quality bar for both visual style and gameplay feel.
· Collaborate in a cross-disciplinary environment in the creation of in-game content and setting up various animation pipelines.
· Review animations with your team, provide artistic and technical feedback and guidance.
· Mentor less experienced animators.
Our Ideal Candidate...
· Has at least 5 years of experience as an Animator for games.
· Has at least 5 years of experience working in Maya.
· Has professional experience working in Unreal 4, or other modern game engines.
· Takes a proactive approach to their work and has strong communication skills.
· Enjoys working throughout different phases of a project from prototype through production.
Bonus Points For...
· Playing and enjoying a variety of different games.
· Contributing to shipping multiple game titles.
· Some experience with outsourcing.
More about the studio
Robot is headquartered in Plano, TX just North of Dallas. The team transitioned to working from home in 2020 and this role is open to both those interested in relocating to the DFW area and those working remotely in the continental United States.
We offer competitive salaries, great benefits: medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you and your spouse/domestic partner. Other perks include an annual game and home office stipend. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming environment and encourage anyone interested to apply.
Qualified responses should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter. Please indicateyou are applying for the Senior Animator position.
This is a full-time, professional exempt, remote or on-site position, with benefits. Open to United States citizens or those individuals who are legally residing and working in the USA. Robot will not facilitate or sponsor candidates for US work visas or US residency “Green Cards” for this position.
Robot Entertainment, Inc. is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. The company shall ensure that decisions affecting employees are made without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. This policy is administered in accordance with federal laws (including but not limited to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Age Discrimination in the Employment Act of 1967, as amended, Equal Pay Act of 1963, as amended, Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended) and all other applicable state or local law prohibiting discriminatory acts.
Robot Entertainment, Inc. is a privately owned developer of entertainment technology and intellectual property, based in Plano, Texas, USA. More information about Robot can be found at http://www.robotentertainment.com.