Irvine, CA, United States
2 days ago
A Senior Animator on the World of Warcraft team brings to life the characters and creatures of the world of Azeroth. A solid grasp of the principles of body movement, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward and inverse kinematics, and other facets of both 3D and 2D animation is essential. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Create and help oversee animation on characters, creatures, bosses, mounts, and other assets
- Animate within the World of Warcraft style
- Ability to prototype and create block-out animations
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Animators
- Communicate with Production, Art Management, and other departments
- 5+ years of experience in game development (or relevant film experience) animating characters.
- Exceptional skills in animating the humanoid bipeds, quadrupeds, and other creatures
- Understand the animation style of World of Warcraft and a passion to push it to the next level
- Good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Excellent at setting and driving a vision
- High level of follow through and ability to take initiative to solve problems
- Software experience such as 3DS Max or Maya
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.