San Mateo CA
8 days ago
Who We Are:
We are dedicated to crafting highly engaging entertainment with a commitment to putting fans first. We aim to be a team of diverse game makers driven by a passion for our art and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build games that thrill players everywhere. We cherish our studio independence and autonomy, and value the collaborative support of 2K, one of the world’s leading interactive entertainment companies.
We are the newest studio in the Take-Two Interactive family, founded in 2019 and located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our first effort is to build a multiplayer and multiplatform AAA action game which will thrill a diverse community of gamers and have fun while doing it. We prize our creative autonomy as an independent studio, with both the financial and logistical support of 2K Games publishing.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate is passionate about redefining the boundaries of both the craft and technical aspects of animation, demonstrates a high level of knowledge of the principles of animation and skill in implementing them. You work well in a close-knit team setting and are comfortable giving and receiving constructive critique.
Our team values independence and self-motivation; we desire to build a team of animators that always feel empowered to remove obstacles and overcome challenges to deliver the best work possible. You are someone that embraces and exemplifies this mentality. We also fully advocate for your professional growth as an animator both at the studio and animation team level and will actively encourage your development as a fellow creator.
If you are an animator with gameplay experience, especially in the mobile and/or AAA game space, we’d love to hear from you!
- An animation reel that demonstrates high quality hand-key and mocap examples
- Minimum 5 years of studio experience and 1 shipped title
- Experience in animation using a 3d package - Maya preferred
- Working knowledge of animation states and animation trees
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- The ability to respond autonomously to prioritize and problem-solve issues
- Ability to collaborate with peer-level Game Designers
- Ability to take direction well
- Able to respond effectively to creative redirection
- Must have current U.S. work authorization
- Knowledge of Unreal engine is a plus
- Python/MEL scripting experience is a plus, but not required
What We Need:
Our animation team is growing! We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Animator to help shape the future of video game animation. If you are a driven problem-solver with a heart for breathing life into digital characters, we want to meet you! As a part of the animation team at 2K Silicon Valley, you will work closely with the animation, design and programming teams to create and implement high-quality keyframe and mocap animation.
- Creating high-quality animation in sync with the projects creative style
- Collaborating across all teams at the studio to bring characters to life
- Maintaining animation team standards for consistent quality and schedules
- Implementing, tweaking and curating animation in game
- Organizing and managing animation assets
- Directing motion-capture sessions
Send your resume via the link below to start the journey.