Senior Animator - League, Champions
3 days ago
As a member of the Animation team, you bring champions to life through classic animation principles and body mechanics. You will create high-quality animations for a diverse and rapidly growing universe, including bipeds, quadrupeds, and creatures. A great reel will showcase a variety of walk cycles, a diverse selection of game-related animation, and a strong foundation in the principles of animation, including weight, anticipation, and impact. Also working to expand our current content pipeline, you will collaborate with designers and artists to develop new features and technologies. Your craft expertise will breathe life into iconic and beloved characters for players.
As a Senior Animator for League of Legends’ Champions Team , you'll report into the Animation Art Lead. You will work directly with your pod, collaborating with them in creating new champions and champion updates for League of Legends Champions Team.
- Produce vibrant and exciting new animations for League of Legends in-game content, to be delivered to a global playerbase
- Collaborate in a cross-disciplinary environment in the creation of in-game content.
- Review animations with your team, and provide artistic and technical feedback and guidance.
- Work with internal developers in ideating and troubleshoot animations
- Working with proprietary tools to develop in-game animation sets for new champs
- Mentor more junior animators
- 5+ years of game development Experience
- Excellent knowledge of Maya
- Understand body mechanics, acting, posing and storytelling techniques
- Understand physical motion, weight, balance, texture, form, and all other animation principles
- Excellence in collaboration and communication
- Broad knowledge of LoL skins, Champions and League IP
- Strong sense of game design and gameplay.
- Strong sense of action and timing in animation.
- Isometric camera game development experience.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).