This job might no longer be available.
Senior Animator - Hit It Rich! Casino Slots
14 days ago
Zynga is seeking a skilled Senior Animator to join a dynamic team for one of Zynga’s most established games. Hit It Rich! Slots are looking for driven individuals who want to contribute to the growth and development of our product in a highly-collaborative and lively environment. The ideal candidate must be able to work with dedicated contributors from different teams and bring an outstanding perspective to the table. Applicants must have a strong understanding of animation principles and use a range of techniques to drive high quality visuals with a limited toolset.
You will authoritatively and respectfully challenge the status quo in order to improve things. Outspoken when needed, you voice concerns, generate ideas for improvements, and stay on the cutting edge of animation technology and technique. Confident in your decision making, you nevertheless think carefully before you speak and act.
- Produce high quality animation using animation principles for characters, environments, UI, VFX.
- Encouraging and generating creative ideas and solutions with the team.
- Demonstrate excellent time management, to deliver animation to required quality, specification and time.
- Proficient level of communication and emotional intelligence for cross subject area collaboration and problem solving.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of how animation supports gameplay with the ability to communicate these links to the team.
- Show strength in 3D animation software (e.g. Maya, Blender, Unity).
- Assist in the preparation of assets for animation using Photoshop.
- Prioritizing optimization when integrating animations within a game team’s game engine.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of game development experience.
- Excellent showreel
- Senior level animation skills (2D/3D, character, environment, UI, VFX)
- Highly skilled at communication with team members across subject areas
- The ability to provide and receive feedback
- Intermediate skills with 3D modeling, rigging and UV texturing with professional 3D software such as Maya or Blender
- Solid understanding of Unity game engine
- Solid understanding of modeling, skinning and rigging 2D/3D assets/characters
- Shown experience delivering animations on ambitious timelines
- Driven to stay knowledgeable of industry trends and technologies and share those lessons with the larger animation community
- Prior experience with version control software such as Perforce and Git
- Strong problem-solving methodology
- Prior experience in slots a huge plus
- We value people with a passion for mobile gaming
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP/DPSP company match contribution (Canada)
- Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Global Fitness reimbursement program
- Global Wellbeing Program
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid parental, pregnancy-related disability, caregiver, and compassionate leaves
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily player
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $90, 000 and $136, 000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.