Senior Animator - AAA Games
2 months ago
Lost Boys Interactive is Hiring! If you are looking for a remote-first home to bring your AAA Animation skills and experience, look no further. Bring your passion for creating awesome games, and we'll provide an amazing team for you to work with along with a great environment and exciting AAA projects to work on! We also offer a full suite of benefits!
Lost Boys Interactive is a member of the Gearbox Software and Embracer Group family. We are a rapidly growing AAA game studio based in Madison Wisconsin, with full remote work available from any state in the US. We provide top-tier development for our partners as well as working on our own AAA game projects. We have world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure, but our company’s success comes from the talented and passionate people who work together each day to produce great games together.
Supportive, Collaborative, Safe, Accepting, Respectful, Kind, and Fun, are a few words that our employees use to describe their experience at Lost Boys Interactive. Do these words describe the kind of studio you would like to call home? Apply today to start your Lost Boys adventure!
Please note: You must reside in the US and have prior AAA experience to qualify for this role. We are sorry, but Lost Boys Interactive does not sponsor visas at this time.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Character artists and Art Director to keep quality and style consistent across all projects.
- Animate human and non-humanoid characters, creatures, props and vehicles
- Coach, advise and mentor other animators
- Optimizes and troubleshoots technical and artistic issues.
- An exceptional understanding of form and silhouette of animations.
- An exceptional understanding of anatomy and body mechanics.
- Collaborate with team members of other disciplines to meet milestone goals.
- Work closely with production to define deliverables and communicate expectations to the team.
- Works with tech art to get into the game engine and ensures animations are performant.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years professional (non-college) experience as an animator in AAA games.
- Experience working in a senior or lead capacity in a AAA game environment
- Online portfolio/reel displaying a variety of animation work
- Ability to receive feedback.
- Experience shipping titles using Unreal Engine.
- Strong understanding of video games development in Unreal but is not limited to.
- Excellent understanding of hand key animation and motion capture.
- Hands-on experience with Maya and Motionbuilder
- Can effectively collaborate with artists, game designers and AI programmers.
- Strong cross-functional communications skills; verbal, written and visual.
You’ll be delighted with our people, our culture, and the amazing games you’ll be working on. Come join our merry band of intrepid adventurers and apply today!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Lost Boys Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer.