Senior Animation Engineer
27 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Atomic Arcade is a brand-new video game development studio located in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area led by industry veterans from AAA game and film studios. We are in the process of staffing up our development team with outstanding talent to build our first multi-platform, AAA game - a bold and contemporary new take on the GI JOE Universe starring the legendary character Snake Eyes! This is an excellent opportunity to not only build an outstanding AAA experience but to also help form the core foundations for the studio and team to build upon. We are proud to be part of Wizards of the Coast which is a division Hasbro.
We are looking for a Senior Animation Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will architect and build high quality animation systems for our exciting next-generation project. You will collaborate with animators, designers and other programmers to deliver outstanding gaming experiences for players.
What You'll Do:
- Design, implement, and debug animation systems using Unreal Engine 5.
- Work with our Animation, Design and Gameplay teams to bring the game experience to a AAA level.
- Write clear, performant, maintainable, and portable code.
- Profile, analyze, and optimize animation systems on all applicable platforms.
- Think creatively to find systemic solutions that push animation fidelity and/or increase efficiency .
What You'll Bring:
- Prior experience in animation programming within the game development industry.
- Advanced understanding of C++
- Proficient in the fundamentals of 3D math.
- Expertise in character animation systems such as state machines, ragdolls, IK, compression, morph targets, and facial animation.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented; must have the ability to interact and collaborate with all departments and teams.
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated, can perform duties with little guidance.
Nice to Have:
- Professional Unreal Engine 5 experience.
- Knowledge of physics-based animation and procedural animation techniques.
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
$129,200 — $215,520 USD