Senior Animation Engineer - Unreal Engine 4
2 months ago
People make games great. And at Survios, we know we can’t grow from an acclaimed VR studio to the world’s premier game developer and publisher without them. That’s why our most valuable investments aren’t in the next-generation technology we use to make our games or the swanky new HQ we’re building in Marina Del Rey, but in creating a hybrid workplace that seeks out talent across the globe, nurtures its people, and encourages fun. A workplace where every team member knows they’re respected and cared for. If you want to join a passionate team of developers driving toward the future of immersive gaming, we’d love to hear from you! Survios currently has an opening for a talented Senior Animation Engineer , working with Unreal Engine 4.
Candidates must have a passion for animation from both a systems and performance perspective. Applicants should be enthusiastic about the opportunity to collaborate with animators and gameplay engineers, to seek out opportunities to create high quality animation solutions in VR and in traditional games.
The ideal candidate has considerable experience leading development of animation systems and in game character performances. The role requires prior experience developing for game systems such as PS4, Xbox One or Windows.
- Design and implement systems required to deliver animation features in game.
- Create and support development of animation graphs, and drive best practices for animation graph creation.
- Collaborate with animation and design to define and create character behavior.
- Mentor other engineers in animation technology.
- Five or more years of experience in the creation and delivery of state-of-the-art, performance-minded AAA console or PC games with two in-game credits required.
- Experience implementing animation blend graphs and animation state machines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++, linear algebra and general 3D mathematics.
- Effective communicator and collaborator with engineers and team members from other disciplines.
- Desire and demonstrated ability to mentor junior programmers and help with their growth.
- Self-motivated and passionate about making video games.
- Experience with motion matching, IK or animating quadrupeds
- Hands-on experience developing for Unreal Engine 4, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, or related field.
- Experience designing and implementing threaded, asynchronous software.
- Experience with the technical challenges unique to active Virtual Reality game development.
Survios is an award-winning game studio that takes a holistic approach to development, merging our hardware, software, and games expertise to create unbelievable immersive game experiences. As we expand our focus from VR-Only to create games across all PC and Console platforms, we’re dedicated to leveraging our passion, expertise, and creativity to develop and publish the next generation of groundbreaking and immersive video games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.