Senior Animation Engineer, Fortnite
13 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING - GAMES
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for a Senior Animation Engineer to help build and support animation technology for use in developing features and gameplay for Fortnite. Using the tools and pipelines of Unreal Engine 5, you’ll work on many aspects of the animation technology to help drive the convincing and expressive movement of animated characters in a large multiplayer game.
In this role, you will
- Design and implement animation features and tools
- Collaborate with gameplay programmers, animators, gameplay designers, technical designers in animation, and technical animators
- Investigate and solve complex animation issues that arise during gameplay and with cosmetic character animations
- Contribute to the broader design and implementation of the whole game
- Cooperate often with Unreal Engine programmers to help improve the engine’s animation technology and tools
- Have the opportunity to work on a variety of animation features and to quickly see them enjoyed in game by millions of players
What we're looking for
- Excellent C++ experience, and familiarity with visual scripting systems like Blueprint
- Experience with animation state machines, low-level animation systems, IK/procedural systems, and/or gameplay animation integration
- Experience in a cross-disciplinary development environment with the ability to discuss implementation details and tradeoffs with both engineers and non-engineers
- Experience with an existing game engine and editor concepts. UE4/UE5 experience is a bonus.
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace with the ability to prioritize and optimize efficiently
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% for benefits for both employees and dependents and offer coverage for supplemental medical, dental, vision, critical illness, telemedicine, Life and AD&D, long term disability insurance as well as weekly indemnity (short term disability) and a retirement savings plan with a competitive employer match. In addition to the EAP (employee assistance program), we also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.