Senior Animation Coder
16 days ago
Location: Work from home (UK only) or from our brand-new studio in Cambridge, UK.
Level: Senior or above
About us: Ninja Theory is a five-time BAFTA award winning games company based in Cambridge, UK, and part of Xbox Game Studios.
Our Mission is: To Craft Life-changing Art with Game-changing Tech and we are building the team that will help us fulfil that promise.
Your Role: You'll work with animators and other programmers on one or more of our projects across Ninja Theory, playing a critical role in not only the implementation of new animation technology across our projects, but also in sharing knowledge of systems you write and use.
We believe that skills and experience are not mutually exclusive. For that reason, we encourage you to apply even if you feel you don't meet 100% of the desirable requirements listed below.
Your Skill: You’ll use your knowledge and skills to aid in the implementation of cutting-edge animation technology. You will have:
- A good working knowledge of C++
- A passion for games and game programming
- The ability to collaborate with other disciplines and adapt to new challenges.
Your Experience: As well as the above skills you’ll also have:
- Professional animation programming experience
- Education to at least degree level, or equivalent knowledge, in any relevant subject
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4/5, Blueprints, Sequencer, and/or Control Rig.
Our Values: Greatness through Excellence, Teamwork & Integrity.
Our Benefits: We offer wide-ranging benefits, including, but not limited to:
- Hybrid, flexible work model with no fixed working hours.
- 5 weeks holiday plus 1 additional day for each year of service up to a maximum of 33 days per annum, plus bank holidays.
- Enhanced family leave.
- Bonus scheme.
- Annual wellbeing allowance.
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Private healthcare including medical, dental, and optical cover.
- Mentoring and career development.
- Income protection.
- Life Insurance.
- Where applicable, relocation assistance and visa sponsorship.
For those working from Ninja House, you will benefit from our custom-built studio which offers a luxurious setting with cutting-edge facilities at your fingertips, including full motion capture stage. You’ll also receive complimentary catered lunch from our on-site pub, The Bird or Worm?
You will be part of an inclusive group of ninjas who know what it takes to succeed, and who will encourage and support you to do the same.
Our Process: We are an equal opportunity employer. Equality, diversity, and inclusion (ED&I) is a crucial and permanent part of our business strategy. To help us ensure a fully equal, diverse, and inclusive working environment, we carry out anonymised screening.Our anonymised screening automatically obscures your personal information from your application and encourages a more inclusive hiring process by mitigating unconscious bias from the start.
Where possible, we kindly ask that you submit anonymised reels/portfolios to support our ED&I commitments.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a BAFTA Award winning studio in the Xbox Game Studios Group and be part of pushing the boundaries of interactive entertainment.
Please note, this advert closes on Tuesday 19th September.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.