Senior Animation Artist - Unpublished R&D Product
14 days ago
As a member of the Animation team, you bring champions to life through classic animation principles and body mechanics. You will create high quality animations for a diverse and rapidly growing universe, including bipeds, quadrupeds, and creatures. A great reel will showcase a variety of walk cycles, a diverse selection of game-related animation, and a strong foundation in the principles of animation, including weight, anticipation, and impact. Also working to expand our current content pipeline, you will collaborate with designers and artists to develop new features and technologies. Your craft expertise will breathe life into iconic and beloved characters for players.
As a Senior Animation Artist on the Research & Development (R&D) team, you will be responsible for all aspects of animation prototype development. The role is focused on game development and may be required to do all aspects of art production to support prototype development. This includes animation and potentially VFX, rigging, modeling, and even some UI work. As projects move into pre-production the role shifts towards animation style development and then towards traditional animation content creation.
- Create animation assets for highly iterative gameplay prototypes
- Work autonomously on multiple projects with various leads and subject matter
- Generate prototype VFX that communicates gameplay mechanics
- Recognize areas of opportunity for animation to enhance gameplay
- Meet project deadlines in a timely manner without compromising artistic integrity
- Consistently communicate with the team by giving and receiving feedback, directing next steps, and providing clear goals and outcomes to your team
- 5+ years of professional experience working in animation
- 5+ years of professional experience working in Maya
- Professional experience working in Unreal
- Strong sense of game design and gameplay
- Professional experience working in Unity
- Strong pre-vis and storytelling animation skills
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).