This job might no longer be available.
Senior Android Systems Engineer
5 months ago
Join our journey to create the best cross-platform application for messaging and real-time interactions! The Audio & Video engineering team at Discord owns the technology and end to end experience of our audio/video features across desktop and mobile. The team’s mission is to give our users the utmost confidence that our voice, video, and client experience is outstanding.
What you'll be doing
- Develop core libraries and infrastructure supporting high-quality, low latency communications between hundreds of millions of users
- Develop audio and video features on Android platforms
- Continuously fix audio and video issues and improve the quality and performance on Android
- Architect elegant and maintainable code with a focus on autonomy and support from the team
What you should have
- 4+ years experience working on large, cross-platform software projects
- Comfort with coding in one or more of the languages: C++, Rust, Java/Kotlin
- Intimate knowledge of Android at the system level
- Keen focus on code readability, testability, and incremental refactoring
- Experience working with real-time communication or WebRTC
- Experience working with audio/video codecs such as Opus, VP8, H.264, etc
- Experience working with Android A/V pipeline
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. We created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.