Senior Android Engineer
4 months ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Twitch's Mobile Core team supports mobile development across all of Twitch. Mobile platforms represent an ever-growing share of Twitch viewership and providing functional and delightful experiences on them is critical . As a Senior Android Engineer on our Mobile Core Team, you will establish the architecture and best practices to allow you and the team to contribute to a rapidly -evolving, native app that is a portal to the Twitch community for millions of users. You will work with modern technologies like Kotlin, GraphQL, RxJava, and AWS services to contribute to a mobile developer platform that empowers our team to build a delightful consumer experience. You will report to the Director of Engineering for Mobile Core. We are based in San Francisco, CA but we're open to you working from Seattle, WA, Los Angeles, CA, New York City, NY, or Austin, TX.
- Define and evolve the architecture patterns our Android Engineers use to deliver features to our customers
- Improve engineering processes and tools that support multiple feature teams
- Build, deliver, and measure the impact of large and small features to deliver value to our creators and viewers
- 5+ years of Android development experience
- Proficiency with Kotlin and the Android development ecosystem
- A talent for building consensus around technical decisions and guiding the team along evolving architecture patterns
- Ability to communicate complicated technical problems to both technical and business audiences
- Familiarity or experience working with GraphQL APIs, CI / CD, or AWS
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.