Senior Android Developer, Technology Partners
14 days ago
The Technology Partnerships team works with Unity’s industry partners across the silicon-to-software spectrum. We keep Unity abreast of coming change, and inspire change in return. We are looking for a multi-skilled, self-motivated engineer to help broaden our Android-focused partnerships. If you’re curious about new technology and willing to experiment and innovate, we’d like to meet you. Join us in shaping the future of Unity!
Under normal circumstances, some international travel will be required.
What you’ll be doing
- Investigate technology advances and build proof of concept solutions to test their feasibility within the Unity ecosystem.
- Once validated, design and build new features to incorporate into Unity products and their interfaces to industry services.
- Collaborate with multiple teams distributed over multiple time zones.
- Craft quality documentation.
What we’re looking for
- Experience with Android NDK development, C/C++, and .NET/C#.
- A consistent track record of building and owning software solutions or services.
- Experience diagnosing and debugging complex issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience working with globally distributed teams.
You might also have
- Experience using the Unity Engine and Google’s Play SDKs.
- A working understanding of mobile CPU/GPU architectures and graphics APIs.
- Experience with profiling and optimization.
- Experience in the design and implementation of distributed software systems.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.