Senior Analytics Specialist - Remote Contract
7 days ago
Job Title:Senior Analytics Specialist - Remote Contract
Senior Analytics Specialist - Remote
As Senior Analytics Specialist, you will work within the Experience Optimization group to lead Google Analytics GA4 migration, implementation, analysis & reporting for digital marketing efforts . You will partner with stakeholders to build an integrated strategy and customer journey to maximize organic traffic, paid performance, and desired actions. The ideal candidate will have prior remote working experience, a strong web analytics background, is an articulate, technically minded individual with good business acumen and excellent interpersonal skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be the subject matter expert in the web and app reporting technology stack
- Perform Analytics 360 to GA4 migrations
- Create Google tags and workflows for website analytics
- Document analytics configurations for Google Analytics, DataStudio, BigQuery, and integrations to third party data sources
- Communicate analytic requirements and best practices with business users, content developers, web and app developers, and reporting resources
- Suggest best practices for implementing analytics tracking
- Document, validate, and audit analytics implementations
- Coordinate tasks and priorities for different business users and technology teams
- Help establish an accurate, comprehensive, and robust analytics implementation
- Collaborate with a variety of cross-functional teams to gather requirements, identify data sources, and learn the nuances of each program/channel to develop data-based solutions specific to their roadmap.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform quality assurance data audits and data assessments of Universal Analytics & GA4
- Create data reporting and analysis for ad hoc, monthly, campaign and more
- Create data visualizations through dashboards with Google DataStudio
- Create reports and analysis of A/B testing results
- Manage and optimize timely reporting to stakeholders and management
- Acquires in-depth knowledge of, and be conversant in, each stakeholder’s business – their key issues, competitive situation, and industry trends
- Provides effective and efficient oversight of Tag Management systems
- Develop data documentation that is easily comprehensible to internal stakeholders of various technical competencies
- Partner with stakeholders to develop and validate scalable tracking solutions utilizing 1st and 3rd party pixels, ensuring tagging is set up to track key KPIs
- Utilize experience to develop solutions and document internal procedures (workflow, requirements, QA process) regarding creative trafficking, ad tracking/tagging and targeting
- Clearly establishes objectives and priorities for client initiatives
- Work in a collaborative environment with some cool people
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics, statistics, marketing, or another related field. Or, equivalent years of hands-on experience within an analyst function, military service, or related field
- Experience building Google Analytics measurement strategies
- Strong technical and working knowledge of Google Analytics, Google BigQuery, and Google Data Studio
- Hands on experience with ANSI-SQL, Tableau, and basic HTML/CSS programming skills preferred
- Advanced experience with Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, GA4, and Search Ads 360
- Advanced experience with Google Analytics versions and supporting technologies (GA 360, Universal Analytics, familiarity with GA4, Firebase, etc.)
- Proficiency in testing platforms (e.g., Optimizely)
- Ability to leverage analytics to make data-driven decisions, create and execute optimizations that improve acquisition KPI's
- Strong written communication and technical documentation skills
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Passion for helping clients solve complex business and marketing questions
- Strong oral presentation skills with the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to establish professional rapport with all levels of management and business users
- Works well in a collaborative environment and Agile teams
- Able to identify areas of improvement with processes and work with the appropriate team members to implement changes
- Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, formulas, charts, etc.)
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe. Activision Blizzard is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. A member of the S&P 500 and recognized on the 2018 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world with approximately 10,000 employees and players in 196 countries.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.