Senior Analytics Engineer
12 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Partners Data Engineering team provides data pipe, warehousing and analytics solutions for the PlayStation Partners Platform - a vital collection of applications and services used by our partners (content creators, game developers and publishers) worldwide to create and publish games and content on PlayStation.
Our mission is to deliver timely, scalable and high quality data and insights to empower our business to make data-driven decisions, drive operational efficiencies and identify revenue opportunities.
In addition, you will work with other analytics engineers to design reporting and analytics visualization, delivering high quality assets that support our drive to democratize data and enabling self-serve reporting needs, while enabling integration and embedding of analytics content into other applications.
- Provide technical leadership - create and socialize designs, lead design sessions, perform technical reviews, lead engineering initiatives; Mentor other team members to level-up the skills and quality of the team.
- Collaborate with business, product and engineering teams in crafting solutions that drive business value to our team and our customers.
- Translate business requirements into visualizations and reports that provide practical insights for our collaborators.
- Design and deliver data sets in our tooling that are well formed, well documented, and are conducive to end-users in order to self-serve basic reporting needs
- Anchor our strategic position in predictive, causal analysis, and prescriptive solutions through creation of new data features and experimentation.
- Write code to our data pipelines in existing and new solutions to provide continuous value in data analytics.
- Provide ongoing support for our users who use our solutions for their decision-making.
- Drive ideas and projects by communicating the strategic value for the organization to leadership.
- 5+ years of proven experience on crafting insights and data visualizations through dashboards or automated reports.
- Experience converting ambiguous business needs to highly scalable data models and datasets.
- Experience with BI tools such as Domo, Tableau, or similar
- Ability to perform analysis over large and complex datasets and communicate findings to collaborators.
- Proven data modeling skills - must have demonstrable experience designing models for data warehousing and analytics use-cases (e.g. from operational data store to semantic models), and able to de-construct existing models for optimization, analysis and documentation
- Expert SQL skills to create views and power dashboards for analysis.
- Python, shell scripting experience for automation, data manipulation and creation of applications.
- Previous experience with AWS or similar cloud environments.
- Strong communication skills - you will be able to tailor your communication to technical and less technical audiences alike
- Experience with statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Experience with data science implementation on AWS Sagemaker Pipelines or MLOps.
- Prior experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Gamer or experience in the gaming industry is a plus.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.