27 days ago
As our Senior Analyst, you will be working as a key member of our product development teams. You will provide data-informed insights on user engagement, business outcomes, and the performance of product features. We are looking for a product-minded analyst with the skills, experience, and passion for analyzing and deeply understanding how users engage with Noice and how that engagement translates to better business outcomes.
Noice is an innovative live-streaming platform and a free-to-play multiplayer game. The broad data analytics domain covers real-time multiplayer, metagame systems, free-to-play economies, as well as live-streaming and content creators. We want to find optimizations, ideas for improvements, suggestions for features, and conceptual breakthroughs that can dramatically improve the user experience and drive growth for the platform.
The role isn't only about numbers. You will actively contribute to features and improvements that make Noice more engaging, retaining, and monetizing. You find nuggets of data gold and help translate those into future improvements. You actively communicate and sell ideas, and work with others collaboratively. You help us understand what we should do more of and what we should do less of.
This opportunity to join a highly experienced and motivated team of over 70 people to build a groundbreaking new “multiplayer x social” platform comes with a competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing, well-funded, highly disruptive startup.
We are a distributed company with most of our team based in Europe with hubs in Helsinki, Finland and London, UK. For this role, we welcome remote-first candidates in Europe who can regularly travel to Helsinki, Finland.
In this role you will
- Proactively analyse and build understanding of end users so that teams can create features that deliver end user value and that drive growth in our key metrics
- Carrying out various types of analysis and tasks to help designers, developers and management meet their data-related needs
- Help design and develop KPIs that are useful and actionable, and use these to help optimise Noice
- Design and build actionable dashboards for monitoring and reporting, and educate and assist other end users in doing the same to increase self-serve capabilities
- Taking an active role in feature planning and mapping out the future of Noice in collaboration with others
- Having a proactive approach to analytics, actively communicating findings and methodologies to the game team and other stakeholders, and proposing new ideas for tools, processes and practices on top of ongoing reactive work
- Aid with the use of relevant tools and approaches to help solve analytics questions
- Collaborating on devising methodologies around testing and validation of hypotheses with the BI team and others
- Other broader research as it comes up
What we are looking for
- A passion for wanting to understand people: what they need, what they want more of, and what they value.
- Passion for digging into data to figure out what’s really going on and finding answers to questions that you want to ask from the data
- Excellent communication skills, turning mathematical analyses into clear action, helping others understand the relevance and find the right solutions based on the numbers
- Experience analysing problems, identifying constraints,and prioritising practical recommendations
- Extensive practical quantitative and statistical analysis experience
- Extensive SQL experience - big plus points if you also know Python or R
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau or Periscope
- Ability to figure out the right tool for the job: when something requires complex modelling versus prototyping and modelling using, for example, spreadsheets
- As a senior, you are naturally able to own your work, are able to manage deadlines and prioritise your work, and you help others do the same
Appreciated, but not hard requirements:
- A degree (BS/MS/PhD) in a quantitative field is a signal that helps us assess your skills. But it’s not the only way. If you have the skills but no piece of paper to go with it, we’d still love to hear from you if you think you have what we need.
- Experience working with qualitative data, survey designs and analysis
- Experience working with F2P games
What is in it for you?
First and foremost, at Noice you get to design and build a cutting edge platform that merges highly engaging game and metagame systems together with a fresh take on social and user-generated content. You will be developing a new platform from scratch using the latest technologies and working with a motivated, proactive and experienced team that has already built large software services, social platforms and at an extremely high global scale.
You will join Noice for much more than just working in a specified role. You will join early on in our mission and will participate and contribute to designing Noice, helping us improve how we work and taking ownership. We want to learn from you and share our learnings with you.
Does this sound like you? Send your CV and cover letter through the application link as soon as possible. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found, so do not hesitate to apply!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.