Senior Analyst, Live Ops Analytics
13 days ago
Job Title:Senior Analyst, Live Ops Analytics
Job Title: Senior Analyst, Live Ops Analytics
Reporting to: Manager, Live Operations Analytics
Department: Global Analytics
Location: Foster City
Your Mission is:
The Live Operations Analytics Team is adding a talented Analyst to work directly with our studios. As a member of the Live Ops Team, your mission is to put science into decision making. You will work closely with designers, engineers, business stakeholders, and analytics peers to derive meaningful insights and recommendations to improve gameplay, design and commercial decisions. Responsibilities include:
- Partner with studios to proactively identify and implement gameplay analytics in support of the development goals of designers and engineers
- As a member of the live operations pod you will analyze player behavior to discover opportunities to improve engagement and monetization
- Partner with studio engineers and business analysts to develop game health telemetry and tracking with effective metrics, new or existing dashboards, and deep-dive research
- Collaborate with the live services teams to optimize game feature balance, game economies, and to identify and close out exploits
- Deliver presentations on analytic topics and results to both technical and non-technical audiences
What you will bring to the team?
The ideal candidate will be a motivated data expert who wants to grow their analytics toolset in a fast-paced environment, is focused on delivering value to stakeholders, and has a passion for video games. Your success will be reflected in:
- Measurable Impact: Consistently demonstrating analytics impact on revenue, engagement, and player experience
- Relationships: As an embedded team member, team success is a priority. You will rely on your excellent relationship skills to build trust with your studio partners.
- Communication: You will effectively manage your own time, stakeholders, and leadership expectations.
- Translator: Your work speaks for itself; correct, clear, and concise insights leading to action
- Domain knowledge: As you understand our players’ mindset, you are reliably able to qualitatively deduce and draw quantitative conclusions that will directly influence decision making.
- BA/BS degree required with a technical focus (e.g., computer science, physics, engineering)
- Strong technical skills with SQL, R/ Python for data analysis and visualization tools – familiarity working in a notebook-based workflow a plus
- Skilled at being able to derive the narrative from the data and tell convincing stories
- Gameplay analysis experiences a plus, with a solid understanding of user engagement and monetization strategies in gaming, entertainment, ecommerce service providers, or mobile apps
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
The Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employees’ brilliance. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe. Activision Blizzard is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. A member of the S&P 500 and recognized on the 2018 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world with approximately 10,000 employees and players in 196 countries.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.