Senior Analyst, Global Reporting & Database
Santa Monica, California, United States
11 days ago
Job Title: Global Reporting and Database Analyst
Reporting To: Senior Manager, Global Commercial Finance
Department: Global Commercial Finance
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Operating within the Commercial Finance organization, the Global Reporting and Database Analyst will play a key role liaising between the Digital Sales, Retail Sales, Sales Operations, Descriptive Analytics, Franchise Finance, and Commercial Finance teams. You will bring strong analytical skills to our team and will be responsible for global sales reporting, analytics, and insights across our digital and retail portfolio versus business goals and historical benchmarks.
Key components of the role include validating and categorizing large amounts of data to help drive the company’s digital and retail strategy across console, mobile and PC; providing sales analysis and reporting against said data, and supporting various ad-hoc analyses facilitating insights towards make profitable decisions.
- Sales Analysis and Reporting 40%
- Data Validation and Maintenance 20%
- Reporting and dashboard development 20%
- Code maintenance and revision 10%
- Cross department collaboration 10%
Position Duties: Daily duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Sales analysis and reporting:
- Aggregate and distribute weekly/monthly/quarterly product and account sales reports-add to this report the overview by title/customer on key directional differences from one version to the next and adhereing to Descriptive Analytic data / metric definiitions and best practices
- Monitor product sales, assess performance and provide implications and recommendations with respect to trends, forecasts, or other meaningful insights
- Observe current and emerging trends in the category and proactively manage KPI’s that help determine what success looks like
- Prepare pricing sensitivity studies that help determine price elasticity on digital and retail products
- Data validation and maintenance:
- Maintain data repositories and the Redshift view layer
- Implement software solutions that automate data retrieval and streamline reporting and executive level dashboards
- Develop and maintain weekly data error checking processes to ensure accuracy of data feeds
- Setup/maintain product hierarchy of internal digital and retail products, working closely with Finance, Accounting, and Commercial teams to ensure alignment
- Load and validate weekly retailer pricing, distributor sell through, and presell data
- Reporting and dashboard development
- Tableau Frontend Development: create new dashboards in Tableau adapting to changes in the business or new requests from executive team
- Develop aggregate data presentation layers consolidating complex and disparate data sources using SQL, qubole and or Python
- Adhere to Descriptive Analytic data / metric definiitions and best practices
- Perform QA/UAT on dashboard outputs
- Code maintenance and revision
- Modify business logic of automated SQL scripts for daily dashboard loads
- Maintain, update, and revise code in a version controlled environment
- Interface regularly with Analytics and the Data Office teams to ensure success of data pipelines
- Cross department collaboration
- Lead training sessions for Finance, Sales, and Marketing team members involving use of Tableau dashboards, OBIEE query building
- Host regular check-in meetings with stakeholders and I.T. to address additional reporting needs or updates to existing reports/dashboards
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a quantitative field
- 3+ years of professional working experience in analytics
- Excellent quantitative and advanced SQL skills required (noSQL a plus)
- Experience working on Data Warehouse platforms such as Hive, Presto, or Redshift with at least 20TB datasets
- Experience with using version control (Git) preferred
- Skillful in BI tools such as Tableau, Hyperion and OBIEE
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software required, with expert level Excel skills required.
- Strong communication skills, presentation skills, and ability to build relationships required
- Ability to prioritize projects, and attention to detail and accuracy required
- Passion for and knowledge of Video Game Industry preferred
- Previous experience in similar role or industry experience preferred but not required
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe. Activision Blizzard is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. A member of the S&P 500 and recognized on the 2018 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world with approximately 10,000 employees and players in 196 countries.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.