Senior Analyst, Game and Market Intelligence
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
9 days ago
Job Title:Senior Analyst, Game and Market Intelligence
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide.
We are seeking an expert in Game Intelligence, an individual who understands the core DNA of modern game design and why they succeed in the global market. This role will be a Senior Analyst joining the Game and Market Intelligence team. You will lead the analysis, evaluation, and presentation of competitive (non-Blizzard) games to drive data-informed decision-making across Blizzard. You will partner closely with individuals across many departments in the organization, particularly game designers and commercial (product management) leaders. You will also support global research efforts across a range of departments and therefore needs to be able to work cross‐functionally and globally.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Deconstructing Games: Breakdown non-Blizzard games to explain the gameplay motivators and monetization levers into digestible presentations to senior management and designers. Design minded critical thinking that understands why systems work or don’t work.
- Relationship Management: Build trusted relationships with key internal stakeholders, namely game designers across multiple titles. Work cooperatively with related roles at Activision and King, leveraging shared resources and knowledge to further game and market knowledge at Blizzard
- Being Proactive: Identify and recommend game analysis and market intelligence projects to work on using an understanding of strategic priorities and operational needs
- Communicating Insights: Present key insights to stakeholders, including senior leaders such as Executive Producers, Game Designers, and Commercial Leaders, influencing and inspiring their planning with your analysis of competitive games and systems.
- Industry trends: Stay abreast of and analyze industry trends and innovative developments in video games
- Market Intel: Analyze trends and market behavior in gaming across all relevant platforms and business models relevant to Blizzard
- Tools and Platform Expert: Utilize suite of market intelligence tools across Blizzard, comparing Blizzard games against competitors.
REQUIRED TALENT BUILD
- 4+ years’ experience analyzing game design or market research/analytics in a related field, either at a research firm, game publisher/developer, or related firm in entertainment, consumer technology, or media
- Affinity towards understanding the landscape of mobile games (in both Western and Asian markets)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant years of experience in an area that offers value to this role such as business, psychology, economics, statistics, computer science, or a related field
- Strong problem-solving skills, demonstrated by the ability to structure a problem and analyze alternative solutions
- Curious, internally-motivated self-starter with ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to manage multiple projects and achieve results
- Superior communications, presentation, and facilitation skills with the ability to structure a concise, clear presentation of findings. Must be experienced presenting and communicating insights (not just data) to executives
- Adept at uncovering actionable insights and stories within the data
- Passionate gamer with in-depth knowledge of games, products, and services in the industry
- Experienced in common presentation and analysis software, such as PowerPoint and Excel
- Graduate degree in a related field
- Experience with game industry tracking tools (App Annie, GameRefinery, NPD, SensorTower, etc.)
- Experience with specialized visualization tools (such as Tableau)
- Knowledge and proficiency in understanding foreign cultures, markets, and languages, particularly in Asia
- Understanding of game design principles
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover Letter which should include why you are interested in working at Blizzard
**Only Resumes with Cover Letters will be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!