Senior Analyst, Competitive and Social & Player Dynamics - VALORANT
8 days ago
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players is critical to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As a Senior Analyst, you’ll join the Insights discipline – the group of researchers, analysts, data scientists, and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions with confidence. You’ll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers, etc.) to conduct studies and analyses that’ll inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your background in data analysis and strategic decision-making will ensure that you’re an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic mentorship about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
As a Senior Analyst on VALORANT, you will be working with the Competitive and Social & Player Dynamics team, supporting the development of the competitive and player behavior systems of VALORANT. You will use data to answer questions such as:
- How do we improve the matchmaking experience in VALORANT?
- What does the ideal team-based tournament system look like?
- How do we detect unwanted and toxic behavior in the game?
- How do we ensure that player behavior moderation is working successfully?
- And much more!
This role emphasizes using quantitative analysis -- including supporting generation and implementation of telemetry, developing quantitative models of product health, and generating foundational reporting and dashboards – to improve the player experience of VALORANT. If you’re looking to leverage your analytics toolkit and collaborate with designers and product owners to create industry-leading competitive and player behavior systems, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
- Partner with product teams to generate frameworks and insights that improve the existing competitive and player behavior systems in VALORANT
- Identify the most impactful product questions and partner with data and engineering to implement the telemetry necessary to answer those questions
- Build targeted, actionable analyses and visualizations to answer the team’s most pressing questions
- Leverage your storytelling skills to effectively share your results with other Rioters
- Become the data expert for the Competitive and Social & Player Dynamics teams.
- BA in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Statistics or a related discipline
- Minimum of two years professional work experience analyzing large data sets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
- Expertise with SQL or other relational database approaches
- Expertise in Excel, PowerPoint, and Tableau
- Knowledge of Python, Spark is a plus
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.