Senior Accounting Manager
7 months ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Twitch is looking for a hands-on leader with excellent operational accounting and accounting transformation skills to lead our Accounts Payable team. You will not only oversee month-end close GL and payment operations responsibilities, but also lead the design, implementation, and evolution of change strategies and plans to inspire and motivate partners to embrace the changes that are required to move Twitch's business forward and support our complexity at scale.
You will report to the Senior Director of Accounting and manage a team of five individuals. You will have experience working in high-growth public company environments and scaling accounting workflows through system implementation, automation, and shared services.
- Lead and coach the Accounting Operations team.
- Set the short, medium and long-term strategy for your team (people, process and systems) including automation projects and shared services roll-out.
- Oversee your team's month-end close including reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations, flux analysis, and SOX controls.
- Oversee end-to-end process ownership to support finance and multiple department leaders.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to accounting transformation projects including the implementation of SAP's procurement module.
- Design accounting policies and SOX internal controls, ensure procedures are documented and SOPs are updated.
- Oversee that vendor invoices and employee expense reports are processed.
- Ensure compliance with income tax classification, withholding tax, use tax and tax reporting.
- Value collaboration and take on ad-hoc requests.
- Bachelor's degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university.
- A CPA license and at least 7 years of related work experience with a mix of both public and private accounting. A background working in multinational media, tech, entertainment, or Fortune 500 companies is preferred .
- At least 5 years of progressive management experience with experience leading and developing teams.
- US GAAP and SOX controls expertise and ability to operationalize accounting guidance into policy.
- Excellent project management skills with prior system implementation experience. Shared service experience is preferred .
- Navigate an evolving ecosystem of accounting issues while focusing work on high risk areas, prioritizing, and resolving issues.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and are comfortable analyzing large datasets to make informed conclusions.
- You embrace and advocate the Twitch culture and values .
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. )
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily in office
- Free Snacks & Beverages in office
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.