Senior Accountant - Accounting Ops
9 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Twitch is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Accounting Operations Team with excellent accounting and operational skills. You will report to the Senior Manager - Accounting Operations and work with multiple teams throughout the organization. You will have experience working in high-growth environments and scaling accounting tasks through system implementation, process improvements and shared services. Responsibilities include:
- Participate in the accounting month-end close including preparing journal entries, account reconciliation and flux analysis.
- Ensure vendor invoices are processed, while corresponding with vendors and responding to inquiries.
- Approve employee expense reports in Expensify per company policy. Follow-up with employees on discrepancies.
- Reconcile credit card transactions, ensuring correct department and account coding.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to accounting transformation projects including the implementation of SAP.
- Help design and implement accounting policies and internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with income tax classification, withholding tax, use tax, and tax reporting.
- Play an important role in the short, medium and long-term goals for the Accounting Operations team (people, process and systems) including the roll out shared services.
- Value collaboration and be willing to take on ad-hoc requests.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field. A CPA license is a plus .
- At least 5 years experience working in either public or private accounting. A background working in startups, media, tech or entertainment is preferred .
- Excellent accounting and operational skills with knowledge of GAAP and SOX controls. Multi-entity and shared service experience is preferred .
- Make sound independent decisions and know when to escalate matters.
- Advanced Excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and are comfortable with analyzing large datasets to make informed conclusions.
- Excellent project management skills with prior system implementation experience.
- You embrace and advocate the Twitch values.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.