This job might no longer be available.
8 days ago
Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.
As Timbre Games experiences an exciting phase of growth, the Senior Accountant will continue to develop and streamline the Finance operations. Collaborating with the internal leadership teams as well as the central Finance team of Timbre’s parent group, Sumo (based in the UK), you will take the lead on corporate accounting activities related to month-end, payroll, regulatory, and treasury support.
As a Senior Accountant at Timbre, you will:
- Work closely with the Commercial Finance Analyst to drive a process of continuous improvement and develop the Finance team’s strategy to support the studio as it grows
- Maintain a close relationship with the group Finance team and ensure purchasing policies, processes and controls are applied consistently
- Own the preparation of semi-monthly payroll, partner with the People & Belonging (HR) team to ensure all taxable benefits are accurately recorded, as well as support benefits portal administration
- Streamline and develop expertise with our payroll system (Payworks) to improve processes and efficiency
- Own month-end processes and ensure accurate and robust financial information is prepared and reported on, including preparation of month end journals, reconciliations and fixed asset accounting
- Support treasury management, prepare short-term cash-flow forecasting and maintain cash headroom for Timbre by working closely with the Sumo treasury and AP/AR teams
- Support the preparation of financial information for year-end tax returns, financial statements and IDMTC claims, using professional advisors as required
- Prepare WSBC & BC EHT claims, annual GST/HST/QST claims, ensuring transactions are accurately recorded and maintained
- Provide additional analysis support to the wider Finance team as required
What you bring:
- Experience as a qualified Accountant, with at least 2 years post-qualification
- Proficiency with Excel including the analyzation and manipulation of data
- Extensive experience working in a finance environment, with exposure to payroll, tax and GST preparation
- Excellent communication, presentation and relationship building skills with the ability to adjust your tone and messaging for a variety of key stakeholders
- An enthusiastic, team-based ethos with the ability to break down silos and collaborate across multiple teams
- The confidence to work autonomously and prioritize your tasks, in order to meet strict deadlines within an expanding, dynamic business
- Exceptional attention to detail and a willingness to learn and develop new skills
- A strong ability to implement change and best practice, with the confidence to question processes and recommend improvements
What you'll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
• Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
• Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
• Flexible paid time off (unlimited), plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
• Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
• 1 year gaming subscription and weekly gaming days
• My Pathway - a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
• 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
• A values driven culture with direct access to leadership and industry veterans with a wealth of knowledge to share
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page
, or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn
to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.