9 days ago
SciPlay is a leading developer and publisher of digital games on mobile and web platforms, providing highly entertaining free-to-play games that millions of people play every day for their authenticity, engagement and fun.
SciPlay currently offers nine core games, including social casino games Jackpot Party Casino, Gold Fish Casino Slots, Hot Shot Casino and Quick Hit Slots, and casual games MONOPOLY Slots, Bingo Showdown, 88 Fortunes Slots, Backgammon Live, and Solitaire Pet Adventure with offices all over the world!
SciPlay is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to support an evergrowing organization. Your quest, should you choose to accept, will be to contribute to organizational goals by
- Actively participating in the daily operations of the U.S. accounting team;
- Preparing and posting journal entries in accordance with U.S. GAAP, SEC guidelines, and company policies;
- Veryfying financial statement assertions are met through timely and accurate balance sheet reconciliations;
- Understanding business drivers that have direct and indirect impacts on the financial statements;
- Providing analytical and reporting support to organizational leaders;
- Drafting footnotes and related support for quarterly and annual SEC filings;
- Ensuring integrity of financial statements and compliance with all internal controls and regultatory requirements;
- Monitoring and reporting on cash requirements and debt compliance;
- Assisting with audit requests;
- Proposing and implementing approved process changes to drive automation and scalability;
- Supporting acquisition integration;
- Partnering with financial planning and analysis, tax, treasury, and compliance functions to ensure efficiency and compliance;
- Creating, reviewing, and maintaining audit support.
*Additional quests will be assigned by the Accounting Manager as organizational needs change
You should be a proactive problem solver with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You should have a demonstrated ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders across all levels of the organization to effect positive change. Advanced knowledge and understanding of core accounting and finance principles as they relate to the record to report cycles. During the recruiting process, be ready to discuss examples of your exceptional accounting and analytical skills, mastery in problem analysis, and understanding of the relationship between business drivers and the financial statements.
A bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting is reqiured.
A master’s degree in accounting or related field is preferred.
An active CPA license is highly preferred.
CPA track is required.
To be eligible for this role, you should have four to six years of related experience. A mix of experience in public accounting and in a publicly traded, multi-entity organization using a tier 2 or higher ERP (Oracle, SAP, Lawson, Dynamics, etc.) is strongly preferred.
A demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (advanced proficiency in Excel) is also required.
The ability to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes, including internationally.
We are SciPlay! We make games!
The roots of our company are simple and strong: Our founder, Aaron “Shurm” Schurman, fell head over heels for casino games and had a vision to create the most entertaining free-to-play casino games for gamers around the world. We’ve grown into a company that makes games we are truly proud of and that are enjoyed by millions of players every day. Our history is extensive, but we’re just getting started. In 1998, we got our start as Phantom EFX and in 2019, we reintroduced ourselves as SciPlay and went public on the Nasdaq.
At SciPlay, we are programmed to think untraditionally. From our yearly development conferences, shindigs, and new game launches, we believe in doing what you love and doing it well. We take great pride in our ability to create authentic experiences for players and we are excited to continue investing in our workforce, technology, and our data-driven approach, all with the mission of delighting our players long into the future. We believe that if we continue to stay passionate, set ambitious goals, live our values and play together, we will become the #1 social casino and casual gaming company in the world.
A few of our highlighted perks and benefits:
· Competitive salaries
· Paid Family Leave
· Paid Volunteer Time
· Annual bonuses, matching 401k, stock options, and other benefits
· Game Room featuring current generation consoles, numerous game titles, and various table games.
· Fully Stocked Kitchen with Beverages and Snacks
· Open Office Concept with Ergonomic Seating and Standing Desks
· Summer Hours
· Hybrid Office
We don’t consider the above list “Culture” though. Culture at SciPlay is MUCH MORE than just that including, but not limited to:
· Culture League Dedicated to Employee Engagement and Fun
· Employee Resource Groups
· Mental Health Resources
· Career Roadmaps
· Annual Company Retreats
· Learning & Development Opportunities
· Management Training
· Leadership Book Clubs
· Empathic Leadership
· Work Life Balance
Read More About Our Values Here:
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SciPlay we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles we have! #beYOU
SciPlayers are humble. In the live environment of mobile game development, there’s no room for egos and the loudest voice doesn’t get their way here. We are diverse in our backgrounds and our experience, both professionally and personally, and we believe our differences are key to unlocking our super powers.
SciPlay Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, SciPlay) are committed to creating a workforce of credibility and dependability. As a prerequisite to employment with SciPlay (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SciPlay conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you. This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. SciPlay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.