This job might no longer be available.
7 months ago
Rooster Teeth is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Accounting team who will be responsible for revenue recognition and will have a high impact on a rapidly growing division within this highly successful start-up. The ideal candidate would be comfortable working both independently and as part of a dynamic accounting team. They also would have a passion for and knowledge of YouTube, digital entertainment and gaming. We seek a candidate who can grow with the organization and work cross functionally with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Participate in monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements and support schedules.
- Manage revenue streams including overseeing the revenue reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Review customer / partner contracts for completeness and appropriate accounting treatment.
- Partner with the Sales & Business Development team to improve processes and AR turnover.
- Prepare month end journal entries, reconcile bank and general ledger accounts and resolves account discrepancies.
- Review and submission of monthly VAT and Sales Tax filings.
- Prepares audit work papers for annual external financial statement audits and/or sales tax audit.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures in compliance with GAAP.
- 4+ years of full cycle accounting B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Office programs with an emphasis on Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise strong sound judgment
- Detail-oriented, organized, and demonstrated ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly
- Highly motivated and able to thrive and think clearly under pressure and tight deadlines
- Team player with a positive attitude Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- CPA or future CPA candidates highly valued
- NetSuite and Concur experience preferred
- External audit experience
- Working knowledge of Media, Entertainment or Retail industries a plus
Benefits + Perks:
- 100% Company paid health & dental benefits
- Use What You Need paid time off
- 401(k) with a company match
- Catered meal on Mondays
- Opportunity for career growth
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH:
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering media and entertainment company responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com
hub and 3 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com