14 days ago
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in...
You are often recognized as being an expert in what you do. Ambitious, accomplished, and improvement-seeker are a few words that describe you and your work ethic. You’re looking for a team that shares in the same “work-hard, play-hard” environment and are ready to roll up your sleeves to take your function to the next level at Kabam. You do not shy away from a challenge and are excited by exploring uncharted territory. You create a positive and lasting impact on teams and businesses.
Sound like a match? Kabam is looking for a Senior Accountant to join a high-impact team that works to deliver exceptional accounting, finance, and operations services to the organization. Prioritizing your day-to-day, your focus will be on providing exceptional customer service, leadership, and strategic advice through each interaction. After all, you’re smart and you enjoy working with other smart people.
Your responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Perform daily tasks and working paper preparation in various following areas within Financial Accounting to support: payroll and benefits administration including journal entries, bonus accrual, asset Infrastructure/facilities reporting and reconciliation, and subsidiary financial reporting
- Recording and reconciling sales reports from Apple and Google
- Recording intercompany transactions and reconciling intercompany balances
- Performing cost-plus calculations and post-transfer pricing entries
- Support Accounting Manager for bi-weekly pay run
- Preparing working papers for month-ends, quarterly interim reviews, and annual audits
- Preparing GST/VAT/PST and sales tax, IDMTC, and SR&ED filings
- Performing IFRS and US GAAP research as needed
- Identifying and executing on opportunities to streamline processes and take Kabam’s
- accounting function from great to first-class!
To be successful in this role, your background includes:
- 3+ years of experience, preferably within the tech industry
- Strong work ethic with a “Rolling up your sleeves” mindset
- Professional accounting designation is an asset
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Consolidation experience in a multi-currency environment
- In-depth working knowledge of IFRS is an asset but not required
- An individual that is a strong advocate of teamwork and collaboration
- Uncompromising professional integrity with a high level of respect for all individuals
- Strong process and project management skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities and activities to meet tight deadlines with a high level of accuracy.
- ERP system experience (preferably NetSuite) would be an asset
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- We know that one size doesn’t fit all - every team has the flexibility to find the right balance between in-studio, remote, and hybrid in-studio/remote.
- We offer extended health coverage effective day one, with no waiting period, including a flexible health spending account and/or personal spending account! Any leftover amounts from the health/personal spending account can also be automatically added to a group TFSA.
- Telus Health Virtual Care that provides you a way to remotely interact with healthcare providers, available 24/7 to get prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- We provide an employee assistance program to ensure our people’s mental and emotional well-being.
- Everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program for their RRSP.
- We offer paid parental leave, flexible paid time off (no worrying about how much time has been earned), as well as paid time off for volunteering.
- We encourage development through educational support, training sessions, skill development, knowledge sharing, and more!
- We encourage our team to help us hire the best talent through our referral program where they can earn up to $5,000 for a successful referral hire.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.