22 days ago
Responsible for analyzing data for Royalties, Royalty Calculation and Reporting using the Royalty Software, Month End processing and reconciliation to General Ledger.
Flexible, Remote and Work From Home options are available for this position until approximately April 2022. Afterwards we expect all employee's to join us at our new offices in Southern California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Month end reporting and analyses to include journal entry preparation and account reconciliation
- Review of contract to ensure accurate capture, tracking, reporting and payment
- Maintain setup and control of royalty contracts using the Royalty Software
- Download Posted History reports from Smartflow, as basis of royalty reporting
- Prepare and send monthly / quarterly royalty statement, and ensuring adherence to complex contractual obligations.
- Request for Invoices from Licensors
- Submit invoices to AP for payment
- Regularly communicate with Licensors to address any issues
- Calculate and accrue estimated royalty for month end closing based on Gross Margin Reports. This includes Intercompany Royalty, Licensors and 3 rd party licensors if applicable.
- Prepare the necessary Journal entries at month end to record various royalty accruals.
- Work with Controller and VP of finance on the quarter / year-end audit and other issues.
Specialized Knowledge: 3+ years of Accounting and Finance .
Computer Skills: Strong technical and computer skills including extensive experience with Accounting software packages, word processing, spreadsheet generation, and database management.
Decision Making Authority : work requires interpretive skill and analysis. The job has a high degree of autonomy and is expected to use planning, organization, interpersonal skills, and technical knowledge to define tasks and arrive at solutions.
Professional Attributes: excellent communication skills, oral and written; excellent ability to analyze and solve problems; adaptable and able to work independently or as part of a team; exercises good judgment and takes initiative when necessary.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, Tekken®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com.