Senior Accountant - UK
14 days ago
Maximum Entertainment is a global entertainment company dedicated to creating high quality experiences spanning the entire value chain of video games, including development, publishing, transmedia, sales and operations. Maximum Entertainment provides collaborative resources to its partners through in-house publishing, as well as its development division. With more than 300 titles in its catalog, Maximum Entertainment has partnered with best-in-class creators and franchises around the world to deliver magic to the gamer in everyone. Maximum Entertainment has offices around the world and employs more than 200 professionals.
Reporting to the Global Director of Accounting & Finance and as an employee of Maximum Games Ltd, we are looking for an adaptable, enthusiastic, self-motivated Senior Accountant to join the finance team in St Ives, Cambs, UK, working on multiple processes within the Group. You will take responsibility for the timely delivery of accurate financial statements for several companies within the Group, as well as assisting in more complex matters for group financial processes, led by the CFO. To this end, you must be prepared to participate at all levels of technical skill and challenging tasks.
Salary: dependent upon experience
Hours: 9.00 - 5.30pm with one hour for lunch (additional hours as and when required to fulfil requirements of the role).
The company operates a hybrid work location with the ability to work from home each Friday.
Benefits: 23 days holiday (plus service increments), Income Protection and Life Insurance, Private Health Insurance, contributory pension scheme.
Essential Skills/Demonstrable Experience (at least 5 years preferred):
- A good understanding of accounting principles, including IFRS, as well as understanding and experience in the format and production of financial statements.
- Awareness and appreciation of cashflow and the implications of actions on cash.
- Knowledge of accounting software packages for integrated modules, general ledger (GL) and statutory accounting; NetSuite experience would be an advantage.
- Consistent in working to targets and timeframes.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skills.
- A team player but also able to work under own initiative.
- Confidence in working with people at varying levels and with excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office to include advanced Excel skills.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Working directly with the CFO/COO in Treasury Management, day-to-day group banking relationships, monitoring bank fee structures across the Group and providing data and analytical support.
- Monthly close and review of GL activity for entities within the Maximum Entertainment group; this includes sales and cost of sales analysis, prepayment and accruals adjustments, tangible and intangible asset accounting, sales and inventory provision analysis and booking, digital revenue and royalty payable journal booking, intercompany reconciliation and revaluation and production of financial statements. In addition, this will also require maintenance of financial schedules in support of Balance Sheet activity.
- Creation of financial statements within the group accounting tool, NetSuite, for Maximum Entertainment entities where the local level accounting process is performed by external accountants. This will include upload of data into NetSuite, sense checking and communication with the external accountants to resolve any queries.
- For all your responsible entities, using judgement to highlight and investigate key and unexpected variances in key Balance Sheet control accounts, providing supporting commentary when required.
- Production of monthly digital revenue accrual report for use by multiple entities, creation of digital invoices and reconciliation with accruals.
- Reporting of prepared royalty statements, reconciliation of royalty invoices received and subsequent payment confirmation.
- Assisting with the preparation of audit schedules and provide support to the audit process.