Senior Accountant (Temporary Full Time)
Vancouver British Columbia V5G4X1 Canada
7 days ago
This is an excellent opportunity to be a member of a fast paced, high performance Accounting Team. The Canada Corporate Accounting team is responsible for:
- Providing timely and accurate financial information that is transparent to our users.
- Creating and enforcing key controls designed to safeguard corporate assets and promote compliance with external regulations.
Be a part of a globally integrated team, capable of continuously improving our systems, processes, and controls, to proactively discharge our financial and transactional responsibilities, as well as serve as valued partners in supporting our business operations.
The Senior Accountant will have a broad range of responsibilities involving many aspects of the monthly, quarterly and year end close processes; assisting as well as having the opportunity to lead Corporate Accounting projects; and the development of process efficiencies. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated. As an individual who will promote excellence throughout EA, this role involves a number of important responsibilities:
- Performing close activities including, but not limited to:
- Journal entry preparation for complex, high profile transactions;
- Review and preparation of reconciliations;
- Overseeing and coordinating aspects of the close calendar; and
- Preparing and reporting on close schedules to the Controllership team including presenting key aspects of the balance sheet.
- Provide accounting and general ledger business partner support; act as a liaison to selected business groups across finance (i.e., FPA, SEC reporting, Revenue, AR, etc.)
- Develop and maintain External Audit and SOX documentation as it relates to the role. Further, act as liaison between external auditors and business partners during quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Identify process improvements with emphasis on streamlining and/or improving controls within accounting. Further striving for Global Standardization.
- Conduct quarterly business unit balance sheet reviews.
- Produce standard and ad-hoc reporting to analyze trends vs. prior quarter and prior year for the statement of operations and the balance sheet
- Prepare memos/whitepapers on accounting issues as required
- Spend a portion of time on projects (e.g., globally aligning EA’s accounting practices, improving documentation, building more robust analytical reporting)
- Bachelor’s university degree required, preferably finance-related. Professional accounting designation is preferred. Minimum 4 years of relevant business experience
- Advanced accounting and financial skills required
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and communication skills. Attention to detail and accuracy a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Oracle R12 an asset
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Confidentiality and integrity in dealing with highly sensitive information.
- Self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision, demonstrates initiative, flexibility, teamwork, maturity under pressure, and anticipates and resolves problems before they develop.
- Very comfortable with building consensus through positive conflict.
- Customer focused