Senior Accountant, Royalty
New York, New York, United States
14 days ago
Who We Are:
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. For more than 25 years, our development teams have created some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful entertainment experiences, captivating and engaging audiences around the world. We are incredibly proud of our ability to deliver consistently the highest-quality titles, as well as our colleagues who help to create our unique culture and work environment that is inclusive, diverse, and dynamic.
While our offices are casual and inviting, we are deeply committed to our core tenets of creativity, innovation and efficiency, and individual and team development opportunities. Our industry and business are continually evolving and fast-paced, providing numerous opportunities to learn and hone your skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun, and believe that we provide a great place to come to work each day to pursue your passions.
Do you pride yourself in exceptional Excel skills and have an eagerness to dive into financial data? As Senior Royalty Accountant, you will act as a results-oriented business partner to our Labels, working closely with teams across our organization. You will be relied upon to analyze royalty contracts, record monthly royalty accruals, and prepare royalty statements in accordance with contracts. This role also provides the opportunity to review, analyze and reconcile large data sets from multiple systems and applications in support of our key accounting treatments. Our Royalty Accounting team provides a collaborative environment to learn about our business while making an impact on the financial success of our company.
What You’ll Take On:
- Prepare and analyze complex third-party royalty statements against monthly accruals to ensure reasonability and investigate/explain variances.
- Create and maintain appropriate set up of royalty contracts in Alliant (Royalty system).
- Ensure contractual compliance for third-party royalty and licensing agreements related to the Company’s royalty reporting, royalty payments, and scheduled advances and/or guarantees and rights periods; document and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Participate in royalty audits and coordinate with internal teams to respond to auditor inquiries.
- Respond to questions from third-party licensors and developers on royalty reports.
- Work with our internal labels and accounts payable to code and process all milestone payments.
- Prepare monthly royalty cash forecasts for the Treasury team.
- Perform month-end close activities including utilizing a combination of sophisticated spreadsheets and Alliant to prepare journal entries, reconciliations and analyses for global revenue on both a US GAAP and Management reporting basis.
- Develop full understanding of existing and new Distribution, Licensing, Publisher, and Development Agreements in order to ensure/determine appropriate royalty calculations.
- Proactively question existing procedures to identify and implement process improvements, gain efficiencies and streamline workflows.
- Maintain compliance and evidence of compliance with SOX controls and policies.
- Work with external auditors on quarterly reviews and annual audit requests, including performing process walkthroughs and providing requested documents in a timely manner.
What You Bring:
- At least 3 years of public and/or private accounting experience
- Ability to clearly document key royalty accounting processes and develop process flows
- A track record of building strong relationships with colleagues, and demonstrated coaching skills
- Comfort working in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Excellent project management, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly; balancing multiple requests and changing priorities
- A mentality of innovation and adaptability
- Passion for problem-solving
- Experience with JD Edwards (G/L) and Hyperion Financial Management (“HFM”); bonus points for Alliant experience
- Advanced MS Office (Excel, Word) skills
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture: Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard: Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits: Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks: Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.