Senior Accountant I
6 days ago
Corporate accounting’s mission is to create shareholder value through integrity, leadership and business partnership. The department’s primary responsibility is to prepare, analyze and report the worldwide consolidated financial statements to senior management and to shareholders through press releases and earnings calls. Furthermore, responsibilities include but not limited to: accounting consultation to internal business partners, assisting with acquisitions, system improvements and other special projects.
Senior Accountant I, Corporate Accounting - Reporting
The Senior Accountant will have a broad range of responsibilities including aspects of the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes for North America, preparation of the month and quarter end global reporting package for senior management, assisting with Controllership projects, and the development of process efficiencies. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated.
As an individual who will promote excellence throughout EA, this role involves several important responsibilities:
- Perform close activities including but not limited to:
- Journal entry preparation for complex, high-profile transactions involving accruals, prepayments and reclasses,
- Preparation of reconciliations,
- Review and analysis of relevant aspects of the p&l and balance sheet on Controllership (monthly analytical review) and FP&A (business unit meetings) close calls, and
- Preparation and distribution of monthly p&l flash to senior management
- Assist in preparation of global close schedules intended for senior management and wider finance team, including:
- Performing standard and ad hoc analysis of trends vs. forecast and prior periods for the statement of operations
- Collecting and collating feedback from finance and business partners, and
- Using data analysis tools to develop and corroborate commentary and prepare presentation materials.
- Provide accounting and general ledger business support for key partners, including but not limited to, EA SPORTS, Marketing Technology, Data Insights, and IT.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly and annual Investor Relations earnings materials.
- Develop and maintain External Audit and SOX documentation as it relates to the role.
- Identify process improvements with emphasis on streamlining and/or improving controls within accounting whilst helping to drive global standardization.
- Prepare memos/whitepapers on accounting issues as required.
- Review business contracts for accounting interpretation and guidance.
- Spend a portion of time on projects (e.g., building more robust analytical reporting in EA’s recently updated reporting environment, globally aligning EA’s accounting practices, improving documentation).
Technical skills and experience
- B.S. in Accounting or equivalent, CPA preferred
- 3+ years relevant financial accounting experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to effectively coordinate with global teams (including offshore teams)
- Working knowledge of US GAAP accounting and reporting
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Oracle R12, Power BI, Hyperion Financial Management a plus
- Passion for data analysis and interest in financial tools and tech
- Interest in the gaming industry a plus
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills; solution oriented individual
- Disciplined self-starter with strong attention to detail and accountability for own work and the work of others
- Strong business acumen, rapid learner
- Passion for data integrity, process definition and organizational alignment
- Strives for excellence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; polished professional; communicates with impact
- Able to handle multiple and sometimes competing priorities
- Ability to adapt quickly and be effective in new situations
- Possesses passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results, action oriented
- Thinks outside of the box; willing to challenge existing processes to drive efficiency
- Is a team player, adept at building relationships within Finance and across organizations
- Views challenges as opportunities
Position reports to the Corporate Accounting Manager
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.