Senior Accountant, Aarki
28 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators , San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work , Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance , Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What we’re looking for:
Skillz is seeking a Senior Accountant that is eager to develop their skills at a fast-growing technology company. In this role, you will report to the Controller of Aarki and work as part of a dynamic team of accountants. As a Senior Accountant, you are responsible for accounting functions and tasks related to the company’s general ledger system.
Aarki is an award winning, global Mobile Demand Side Platform, repeatedly earning industry accolades notably in AdExchanger's 2020 Programmatic Power Players List and Mobile Measurement powerhouse rankings, AppsFlyer's Performance Index and Singular ROI Index 2021.
Aarki helps companies grow and re-engage their mobile app customers, using data, machine learning, and large customer reach. To drive performance for our clients, we activate our data assets through proprietary machine learning algorithms to engage customers in real-time with personalized mobile advertisements.
What you will do:
- Own the preparation of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations as a key participant in the financial close process
- Complete routine account reconciliations timely and maintain related support files for journal entries and general ledger accounts.
- Perform analytical work, including weekly cash forecasts, monthly balance sheet and income statement variances, budget versus actuals analysis, etc.
- Lead and assist in field work for interim and annual audits
- Assist in financial reporting as needed
- Maintain and improve upon the current accounting infrastructure, ensuring that all financial systems and files stay in sync with the general ledger
- Assist with the development and implementation of new systems and internal controls that meet the Company’s business growth and culture
- Implement all key financial reporting controls as it relates to the month end close process in preparation for SOX requirements
- Ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of public accounting experience (Big 4 preferred)
- CPA license or active CPA candidate preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables, sumifs, v-lookup, and index formulas
- Detail oriented and can operate in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong multi-tasking skills and with the flexibility to switch from one project to the next quickly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, organized, communication skills and ability to own work
- Ability to consistently provide accurate deliverables on-time with minimal supervision
- Sensitive to deadlines and easily able to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities
- Positive attitude with a desire to learn, grow and be part of a dynamic and hard-working team
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.