Senior Account Manager, Defence
14 days ago
Improbable has created SpatialOS: a networking solution combining low latency, tools for faster iteration, and a ready-to-go architecture capable of supporting innovative games.
Now the Improbable Defence division, building on the backbone of SpatialOS, has combined world class scientific modelling, market leading AI, mission specific user interfaces and a uniquely flexible and secure deployment model to create a powerful simulation platform tailored to the needs of the military.
Our mission? To enable the most realistic and effective military simulations ever experienced, making defence users more effective on operations and decreasing the cost of military preparedness.
This is a key senior hire at Improbable, ultimately responsible for the ownership, growth and success of our UK MOD account. This is a primarily relationship management based-role with the customer, whilst working closely with cross-functional internal leaders to deliver on this goal.
You will serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters; working in lockstep with our Programme Management Office to help them to be successful in their roles, tackling any highlighted concerns head on and escalating where appropriate.
You will have the opportunity to constantly work on geo-political issues, engaging with prominent senior leaders and experts in support of these challenges.
Areas for Impact
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting key stakeholder relationships with our MOD customers. This is a key position in the overall success of the Defence division.
- You work directly with the customer to deeply understand their needs and objectives, feeding this information back into our product and engineering roadmaps.
- You will work with the broader capture, bid and wider BD team to identify and grow opportunities, leveraging your expertise with the target customer.
- You will own the negotiation of all contractual agreements and take the lead to close them.
- Help to develop, forecast and track key metrics or milestones to measure customer account success (e.g. project continuation option submissions and senior level engagement).
- You will be a senior strategic voice in the business, presenting an objective, detailed view of the customer landscape.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Significant account management experience working with or within the UK Public Sector; specifically MOD and central government.
- Deeply empathetic with the goals and outcomes of our target customer.
- You have extensive experience delivering technology solutions to government customers.
- You will have strong stakeholder & project management skills, honed through years working with government customers.
- Exemplary verbal & written communication skills.
- Active security clearance is preferred.