This job might no longer be available.
Senior AR Developer, Mobile Creators
3 months ago
At Unity, we’re passionate about building outstanding products that are moving, innovative, and help our customers unlock their creative potential through the power of real-time 3D technologies. The Mobile Creators team at Unity provides innovative experiences to both existing and new creators and across global markets.
As a Senior AR Developer, you will help make real-time 3D accessible to all digital creators, not just those who code. We see an opportunity to provide more creative capabilities to the millions of people creating content on their mobile devices. This is a chance to help define a new AR product, and we are looking for a developer who understands game engines and editing software in general as well as Unity in particular.
This team will work closely with product, design and other engineering groups to prototype and then release products that delight and amaze our customers. We will be agile while prototyping and then focused when it is time to shift to production. As a new team, we are passionate about solving meaningful problems for our Creators.
What you’ll be doing
- Create tools and systems in our app that enable our users to create innovative and compelling content.
- Accountable for technical solutions and architecture of the Mobile Creator experience
- Define and advocate for good coding practices as part of a quality culture within the whole engineering team
- Collaborate with teams in different locations across Unity, to ensure technical alignment
- Guide and mentor engineers and foster their growth
What we’re looking for
- Experience as a programmer in video games, VR or AR
- At least one shipped commercial 3D game or application
- Development Languages: C# and/or C++
- Proficient in-game/app coding, architecture and 3D math
- Proven understanding and experience in software development and standard methodologies
You might also have
- Experience with mobile and AR development, ideally in Unity
- Experience with building content creation tools
- Experience with general game or app optimization
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.