Senior AI Programmer
16 days ago
MachineGames is looking for a senior AI Programmer to join our team and help us develop our next upcoming AAA title!
The programming team consists of talented and passionate programmers who are responsible for the development and maintenance of our technology.
In this role you will be reporting to our Lead Game Programmer and work closely together with our other programmers with a focus on our AI development.
To thrive in this role, we believe you are a generalist programmer with a keen interest in AI. You are comfortable working independently with little supervision but are equally as happy jumping into a bigger group collaboration when needed from time to time.
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 40 minutes north of the capital, Stockholm. It has a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times.
Our studio has a legacy of being down to earth and free from big egos, our everyday work as well as our long-term goals are driven by our studio values:
- We value Team performance over individual performance - We practice an open door policy - We deliver what we promise - We give constructive and actionable feedback - We practice ownership and accountability - We learn from our mistakes.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or your application for work permit if you do not have one or are not an EU citizen and/or not currently residing in Sweden. The role is onsite with the option to work in a hybrid capacity.
- Architect and implement features in C/C++, that is CPU, GPU and memory efficient, with an eye to a quality end-user experience
- Develop, extend and debug AI, tools, physics, animation, rendering, UI and gameplay code while respecting platform and design constraints, with focus on your area of expertise
- Collaborate well with programmers and other disciplines involved in the day-to-day work
- Review code written by programmers across the studio and collaborate with them to improve code quality
- Help mentoring less experienced team members
- If required, debug, modify, extend or use the tools pipeline as necessary
- Construct solutions for unforeseen design problems in a timely manner
- Proactively provides suggestions on how to utilize new technologies and tools and implement them into our workflow
- Demonstrate and applies strong problem-solving and debugging skills in C++
- Write clean, professional, well commented and maintainable code
- Show good knowledge of mathematics for 3d game development
- Understand a large set of the many components that makes up a modern video game and show capabilities of independently take on tasks
- Demonstrated experience from working on at least one or two fully shipped AAA game productions
- Experience using Havok products, physics, AI
- Experience working with AI Finite-state machine systems
- Fully proficient in English in both written and oral communication
- Understanding of multiplayer bots as human replacements
- Knowledge and experience designing player companions
Applicant Privacy Notice
CCPA Applicant Privacy Notice
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.