Senior AI Programmer
4 months ago
Lost Boys Interactive is Hiring! If you are looking for a fully remote home to bring your AI Engineering skills and experience, look no further. Bring your passion for creating awesome games, and we'll provide an amazing team for you to work with along with a great environment and exciting AAA projects to work on! We also offer a full suite of benefits!
Lost Boys Interactive is a member of the Gearbox Software and Embracer Group family. We are a rapidly growing AAA game studio based in Madison Wisconsin, with full remote work available from any state in the US. We provide top-tier development for our partners as well as working on our own AAA game projects. We have world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure, but our company’s success comes from the talented and passionate people who work together each day to produce great games together.
Supportive, Collaborative, Safe, Accepting, Respectful, Kind, and Fun are a few words that our employees use to describe their experience at Lost Boys Interactive. Do these words describe the kind of studio you would like to call home? Apply today to start your Lost Boys adventure!
Please note: You must reside in the US and have prior AAA experience to qualify for this role. We are sorry, but Lost Boys Interactive is not able to sponsor visas at this time.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develops gameplay features by designing, planning and implementing software solutions.
- Determines the viability of a feature by researching implementation strategies pertaining to the engine or platform (UE4/5, custom engine, etc.).
- Communicates clearly and effectively across the departments that comprise the team (engineering, production, design, and art)
- Reviews code written by team members to ensure knowledge sharing and consistent coding standards.
- Installs and configures a working environment following documented procedures where applicable.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Passion for developing game AI and creating a framework for artificial emotions and ideas within non-playable characters
- 5+ years previous work experience in a game programming role with 2+ years working in AI engineering
- Proficiency in C++ and object-oriented programming
- Understanding of the psychologies of characters and how they are likely to behave
- Researching and developing AI elements that will best enhance the game
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with game engines such as Unreal Engine 4, Radiant or Unity
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with network (multiplayer) programming
- High interest in and motivation to learn new technologies, languages, engines, algorithms or platform technologies
- Ability to offer technical expertise, solution architecture guidance and limited mentoring (answering questions, offering advice, guidance) to more junior developers on same or related projects.
Lost Boys Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.