Senior 3D Programmer
5 months ago
As a Senior 3D Programmer at Ubi MTL, you provide insight and guidance across the 3D spectrum to connect with our players on two of the most critical aspects of a AAA game: its visuals and its performance.
Whether your expertise lies with visuals or low-level systems, you’re a go-to person for information and a reference throughout our studios. Both a hands-on programmer and a direction-providing mentor, you’re responsible for seeing your area of ownership through to completion and making sure that all other areas of the game ship.
What you’ll do
- Write and review code customized to the hardware you’re working with.
- Coach and mentor other members of the graphics team, empowering them to innovate.
- Provide support to content creators, meeting often to assess their needs and vision + discuss limitations.
- Improve existing graphical features and inspire the development of new ones.
- Anticipate complex problems + propose adapted solutions, considering the entire production pipeline.
- Explore new hardware and deal with the interesting challenges and opportunities it poses.
- Stay up to date on the latest tech trends and techniques + recommend our best practices.
- Foster relationships with first-party partners.
- Encourage knowledge sharing and facilitate information flow (e.g. produce modular code for colleagues from other projects and studios, host and attend 3D tech talks and other presentations, write about your work, etc.).
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Around 5 years of graphics programming experience (for video-game consoles a huge plus) or related experience
- Proficiency in C++
- Knowledge of GPUs, HLSL, and graphics APIs (e.g. DirectX and Vulkan) + understanding of game engines and their limitations
- A thorough grasp of memory management & multithreaded programming techniques
- Solid interpersonal and presentation skills & the ability to clearly communicate cross-departmentally
- A long-term approach to problem-solving (if the solution isn’t sustainable, it simply won’t do)
- A collaborative and innovative spirit
- Willingness to continue learning – new technologies, engines, rendering techniques, programming languages, you name it
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your experience, education, skills, and any games shipped
- Samples of your best work (e.g. video demos, personal projects, published articles, etc.)
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alison. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.