(Senior) 3D Game Artist
17 days ago
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, and the narrative-driven Small Town Murders, as well as providing players with exciting new content and events in fan-favorite games such as Angry Birds Friends. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We are looking for an experienced and talented 3D Generalist to join our newly formed game team. The game you would be working on has high ambitions for visual quality and visual storytelling, and we hope you to be equally ambitious about those.
You would be working as a part of the game’s art team, and creating 3D assets from concept to final rendering or game ready 3D assets. While the majority of work would be purely 3D work, we also greatly appreciate the overall craftsmanship of game making, so complementary skills you might have are a big plus.
- Creating 3D models from scratch using your preferred modelling package (3Ds Max, Maya, Blender, Modo)
- Creating textures and materials for your 3D models
- Lighting and Rendering 3D models for marketing and ingame use
- Importing your assets to game engine and working with programmers and tech artist on making sure they work as intended
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Has a great looking portfolio that demonstrates the skills needed for this position as well as sense of visual style
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a larger team
- Has prior experience working in game teams
- Has strong understanding about 3D modelling and best practices like what makes good topology
- Fluent in at least one 3D modelling package
- Ability to learn and willingness to learn new things
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Experience with procedural and PBR materials
- Experience with Maya
- Experience in Arnold
- Experience in sculpting
- Basic understanding of Unity
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Art Test: You will get to show your skills in action with a small art test. We try to keep the art tests light and highly relevant to the tasks you would be doing in your everyday work.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.
If you're interested, don't hesitate to send your application together with portfolio already today! We look forward to hearing from you!