Senior 3D Environment Artist
Hello there! Moonshot is looking for a Senior Environment Artist!
Do you enjoy building vast environments and telling story through player experiences? How about taking level block-outs all the way to final, beautiful game ready levels? If you enjoy collaboration, breathing life into all corners of the world, and helping expanding on your own capabilities as an artist we're the studio for you! As a Senior Environment Artist on the team, you will help us build out our world and create something fun and adventurous for our players. Collaborating closely with the entire studio, your eye for stylistic environment depictions and ability to create a wide range of environments will make for an ever-exciting set of new challenges. Your previous experiences in level creation and game development will guide your day to day in creating memorable spaces and delightful surprises. Your vision and talent will help shape what we are building and we can't wait to see what you create.
Moonshot Games is a new studio based in Irvine, California. We love games and believe in their unique superpower to create personal, unforgettable stories that bring friends and the community closer together. We are building a culture of shared ownership where everyone gets a chance to weigh in and help set direction for the game. Our studio is in its early days, which means there’s tons of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making as well as in the overall direction of the company. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
What your day to day will look like…
- You will collaborate together with the Art Director and Art team to create a variety of fun and awe-inspiring environments that are inviting and exciting to explore
- There will be a wide range of environments for you to help breathe life into! From large structures to interiors, natural environments to props and vegetation, the possibilities of creativity is endless
- Working and collaborating closely with level design, you’ll take levels from the start of rough blockouts to its polished state with textures, set dressing, lighting, composition, and optimization, owning a significant amount of the pipeline and vision
- Given our size of the studio, you’ll work closely and collaboratively with each member of the team, involving you in various aspects of development that span beyond just environment art!
Some of the things you bring to the table…
- Experience working with Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance Designer and Unreal Engine
- Experience working with tiling textures, modular assets and mesh decals as well as sculpted & unique assets
- Experience creating full environments ranging from large architectural assets down to small props.
- You have experience lighting environments, material creation, and set dress areas to completion
- You are able to work off a vision, sometimes little concept support, and can use one concept piece to visualize and model an entire area carrying over the style and theme
- You are used to a heavily iterative process and are comfortable showing very work in progress models and levels frequently, receiving feedback and collaborating with others
The base salary range for this position is $98,587 to $164,312 USD per year, which is associated with our level 3 salary band. The range listed for this position is just one component of Dreamhaven’s total compensation package for team members and exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience. Total compensation also includes equity, comprehensive benefits and will also include profit sharing in the future.
Moonshot is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Dreamhaven Candidate Privacy Notice