Senior 3D Environment Artist
15 days ago
Afterburner Studios was formed in the summer of 2018 by three veteran game devs who were feeling burned out in more traditional development. Our debut title, Dreamscaper, an action roguelike with a lucid dreaming twist, launched in 2021. Since then it has gone on to reach over 600,000 players with an 89% positive rating on Steam.
Our next project is a larger, more ambitious title in the AA space – a science fantasy 3D action / adventure blending classic elements with new twists. We’re looking to expand our team with motivated individuals that are excited to work in a small, fast-paced indie studio, in order to make a big impact on our next game.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior 3D Environment Artist to join our team. You will be an integral part of the environment development process, responsible for bringing our game’s worlds to life. You will collaborate closely with the art director, concept artists, and other members of our team to create models, materials, build, light and set-dress a variety of different worlds.
While this is a fully remote position, applicants will need to be available for core hours from 10am to 2pm ET in order to collaborate with coworkers.
- Collaborate with the art director, designers and concept team in the creation of environments that support gameplay and storytelling.
- Creation of production ready 3d models for architecture, foliage and miscellaneous props.
- Creation of Shaders within Unreal.
- Drive the lookdev of locations and environments while working closely with the art team.
- Strong proficiency in industry-standard 3D modeling and Unreal Engine.
- Deep understanding of environment modeling, material development and level meshing.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively within a small, multidisciplinary team.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to project requirements and changes.
- Overall artistic eye with a deep understanding of traditional principles such as atmospheric perspective, depth cues and visual balance.
- Highly self-motivated and proactive, you thrive while working without supervision.
- Prior work on Science Fiction / Science Fantasy projects
How to Apply
Please submit your resume (or linkedin) and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the job you are applying for in the subject line.
We look forward to connecting with you!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.